Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Madrid activity

Default New Madrid activity

I haven't really vetted this, just passing along some potential SHTF to be aware of.
    so what do you think?
    Was sent to me by an active duty Colonel assigned to FEMA, not just something I just found while randomly surfing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUqq...ature=youtu.be

Wow! That's amazing and freakish!
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Yeah...I let my friend know out in Eastern Tennessee....just in case as he is closer to that activity than am I here on the East Coast.

Will be keeping my eye out on that situation as well as the National Hurricane Center site.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Wow.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I have volcanoes for November on my 2020 bingo card.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Iím trying to look into this.

One map currently shows a fire outside of Westlake Louisiana (just west of Lake Charles Louisiana). The map shows a hot spot in the last 24 hours, but there is nothing in the news about it. The map also shows a large fire very close to where I work sometime in the past but no older than January. The spot shows to be roughly a couple thousand acres, but there has not been any such fire in that area.

Dutchsinse is saying that these are in fact not fires but hot spots seeping up from beneath the crust of the earth. With the track record that this year has, it would not surprise me one bit to have a large quake from this dormat area.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

the BIg One before the turn of the last century occurred this time of year - consistant large after shocks for a solid month plus - not that many residents back then by it caused relocation out of the area - locals that stayed wouldn't trust living in houses and started camping out ...

during the first quake a large ground upheaval across the Mississippi River - blocked the flow south and caused a river reverse flow - also caused a large ground depression which filled with river flow - created Reelfoot Lake which still exists today ...

if another quake comes during the winter months - most likely it will cut all the pipelines north - no natural gas and fuel oil for heating >>> could be the largest death rate natural disaster in US history and could set a world record ...

need to prep with as many heating alternatives as possible - especially if current heating is piped-in natural gas >>> one being a fairly cheap electric portable heater alternative - power plants and transmission lines might be survivors and a quicker repair than the pipelines - would need the heaters in your stockpile prior to any SHTF - small retail supply available and the JIT supply system would be off season for any quik re-supply ....

Illini
    good thinking
    I wasn't even thinking about the pipelines, but you are spot on about those
    one alternative heat source is the little buddy propane heaters, I use the smallest one in my greenhouse in deep winter.
    they can be used indoors and I have the adapter hose to let me use standard grill (20lb) tanks

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    Illini
    good thinking
    I wasn't even thinking about the pipelines, but you are spot on about those
    one alternative heat source is the little buddy propane heaters, I use the smallest one in my greenhouse in deep winter.
    they can be used indoors and I have the adapter hose to let me use standard grill (20lb) tanks

that geological "gap" thru the mountains to the East is a natural corridor for the piplines >>> and it's a solid mess of pipelines of all kinds that branch off - when you check maps there's not much that isn't buried pipe ...

thanks to Illini my curiosity was peaked
    i found this site that shows pipelines
    https://pvnpms.phmsa.dot.gov/PublicViewer/