Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got a medical diagnosis today that I knew was coming

Prayers from here too, Cav. May the Lord watch over and keep you.

Well, the doctor that I had been seeing has left the practice. So, at my next appointment I will see a different doctor and it will be like getting a second opinion. Luckily, my next appointment is tomorrow, February 2nd.

One of the meds I was prescribed is called Inbrija. It is a fast acting drug that is inhaled. Typically, within 5-10 minutes of taking the medicine, my tremors stop. About 15-30 minutes after taking it, my dystonia in my feet relaxes and my feet cramps stop. Well, my doctor gave me a box to try, then at my next appointment the doc gave me another box because it works really good on me. After I got home and called in the prescription, a third party stepped in to offer 2 more boxes at a price of only $35. However, I donít remember the name of that company. The pharmacy called me today to tell me that it is time to refill the Inbrija, at a cost of $1,900 for a 2 month supply!!!! Ouch!! It appears as though my prescription insurance does not cover this drug.

The good news is that I still have 2 1/2 boxes left so Iím not in a hurry to refill it, but it sure is nice to have extra on hand for SHTF purposes.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

OUCH. I feel that crunch. I take 3 meds that are $1200+ each for 3 months. I guess the plus size if there is one. After the first 3 months refills, my deductible is met and I only have 10% to meet
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

After that do you get to see the Proctologist free for a soothing ointment???

That price hurts me just reading about it. Please be well Sir.

Well, got a second opinion from the PA at the office today. She got perturbed at the other doctor that just left the practice because the other doctor did not do a lot of things that she should have done.

The PA(physicians assistant) says that I do have more symptoms of Parkinsonís than for it to just be a coincidence. She does believe this is Parkinsonís, but she says there is a brain scan that can be done to 100% for certain diagnose it. I was not aware of that. So she got me in contact with a local place that does this brain scan so I can get an appointment to get it done. She told me to change the amount of my meds that I am taking depending on the time of day to try to help decrease the symptoms. And at my next appointment in May, I will see the main doctor at this practice where he will read the actual brain scan (not just the radiologists report) where he will give me a definitive answer.

Iím a real big fan of this doctor even though Iíve never met him before due to things I see around his office. As soon as you walk out of the waiting room there is a silouhette target with several bullet holes in it with about a 2Ē grouping. At the top of the target is a hand written note that says ďThanks Doc!Ē. The nurses typically have a diffuser going with some kind of oil in it, and at the end of every generic message Iíve ever gotten from this doc he always ends it with ďGod blessĒ. So despite the bad experience with a former doctor at this practice, Iím not going anywhere!!!

It's hard to beat finding a GOOD Dr that you feel good about. Not always the same person. I've had good Dr that sucked. Others that were great people, but not so much as a Dr.

Praying they can get you fully taken care of.

Got the brain scan done last week. The change in my medication MIGHT have made a small change but not a huge difference. Now I wait till my next appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Got the brain scan done last week. The change in my medication MIGHT have made a small change but not a huge difference. Now I wait till my next appointment.
    You're still on my prayer list, Cav.

Still prayin for ya here to Cav

Thank yíall. I appreciate it. It is hard to do some normal basic things when this stuff acts up. Ughghgh.......