Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a medical diagnosis today that I knew was coming

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Thank yíall for the prayers. I do certainly appreciate it.

For me, the dystonia is currently the worst part of it all. Dystonia is an involuntary muscle movement, basically like a cross between a muscle cramp and a Charlie horse. Iíve had it for 5 years in my left foot and about a month in my right foot. When my feet cramp up, it stays that way until I either get into REM sleep or my dopamine level in my brain is increased enough through taking carbidopa/levodopa medication. Typical tricks to stop muscle cramps(potassium, bananas, pickle juice, apple cider vinegar, ect) have zero effect on it. So if my foot cramps up at 4pm, it typically stays cramped up and does not release until about 9pm, IF I take my medication after I eat supper at 7pm. It is painful but God has given me a high pain tolerance so that helps tremendously!! Wearing tight fitting shoes keeps my toes straight but the muscles are in a constant state of trying to curl my toes so it is painful to walk. I found that letting my feet cramp up actually hurts less than forcing my toes to stay straight. This is a video that I took recently that shows the dystonia really good in my left foot and the muscle spasms that I started getting as a precursor to the dystonia in my right foot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MODQqzhR68Y&t=37s

Beyond the dystonia, the part that has bothered me the most is loosing my coordination randomly. Iíve nearly fallen many times over the last few months. I go from standing or walking perfectly fine to loosing my balance with zero sensation changes. I can see that I am suddenly moving quickly in a direction I was not intending to go in and so far, I have been able to reach out to grab things and stop my fall. This may come to bite me in the future though(reaching out to stop a fall may end up causing a broken wrist in the future).

But God did not allow this to happen without it glorifying Him! This just adds to my testimony and is yet more proof that I am on the right track in my life. satan keeps trying to get me down in my life every time that Iím on the right track. So I keep on truckin, keep smiling, and keep thanking God for all the grace and blessings He has bestowed my family and I. And thank yíall here for being awesome! I appreciate it!
    Cav, as long as Satan is messing with you, no worries. If he STOPS messing with you that you need to be concerned. And absolutely, trust and faith in the Lord is key. Ya know, this life is just a journey, and it often throws pain, grief, troubles and heartache at us. Its a rough journey, but our final destination is gonna be something else again, and way more than worth all the trials and tribulations we suffered and endured along the way. I've added you to my prayer list, buddy, and it sure has grown a lot here of late.

Prayers my friend.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Your attitude is inspring Cav.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Keep the spirits up.

Thank God for voice to text. Iím trying to post an update, but Iím shaking so bad that I canít type. So this whole post is being done via voice to text.

It started off being a pretty good day but fatigue has started rearing its ugly head. Had a good day at work and everything went good until about an hour ago. Both my feet cramped up from the dystonia and now my arms and hands are shaking so bad that I canít type. But I still feel good I just canít stop moving. Time to go take some medicineAnd try to get some sleep.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best