Thread: No planes ?

Default No planes ?

Went up to see my brother this afternoon, Beautiful day, he made a comment about the beautiful blue sky , not a cloud in the sky . I looked up and said, yes it is , and no contrails either. I was there over an hour, not a single contrail, no sound of a plane, and we are in the fly path of Dulles, Richmond, Charlottesville , and others. Reminds me of 911. Anyone else noticing this in your area ?

Here in south Texas, I have seen 2 on their final approach to land in San Antonio, but I havenít seen any evidence of any others at all.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Commercial and private in and out of Austin all day. Not every few minutes like in the past but a couple an hour.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:

Didn't watch thru the day, but when we got home saw several flying around.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Raining here, don't see a thing
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I saw a few in and out of Denver yesterday. Haven't been outside today though.

Got home from work sitting on the porch. Saw 3 single engine locals. 2 jets way up high. I would guess one headed to Atlanta, one to Charlotte from direction of travel
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Haven't seen any commercial planes in days but a few private planes and several military helicopters. Usually 4 or 5 in a group. From the ground they seem to be heading south east. Probably NG because of all the storms out in the Atlantic. That's my thought anyway. They appear to be coming from the direction of Ft. Hood.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Contrails only form when atmospheric conditions are right.
    The planes are there.
    https://www.flightradar24.com

Raining here or I'd go out and look, they come right over us (way up high) on approach to dfw. Pre corona, they stretched as far as the eye can see. We are only on approach at night they come out of the NE. Traffic is way down, lots of airlines won't pull thru this mess.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power