Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCOTUS place your bets

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Remember though, that they both raped someone.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Hope this is true;
    Lindsay Graham said the same thing last night
    they have the votes

which in my mind means more liberal freak out followed by their go to strategy - violence

what irks me more about this whole current nomination situation >>> the "holier than thou" attitude the DNC is pushing - when the immediate threats didn't work and not taken seriously - including Pelosi and her cure-all impeachment threats - now they are playing the sympathy card and pleading that Ginsberg reincarnated must be SCOTUS installed ....

looking like the GOP intends to get that SCOTUS seat filled for the possibility of another SCOTUS involvement in the election ....

the candidate pick comes out saturday >>> the attack on her starts during the announcement ....

PS >>> White House is now indicating a late day press conference - 5pm est
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 09-22-2020 at 06:41 PM.

This discussion is exactly why I am on the fence about filling the empty seat so close to election. We should be talking about the person's qualifications and he should be selecting a SCOTUS based on merit and adherence to the rule of law and the constitution. EVERYTHING else is secondary. My question is this: If politics is such a major factor in choosing a SCOTUS so close to the election, how do we insure we are not putting another politician on the bench?

But I am just the crazy uncle. What do I know?
    "Strange how paranoia can link up with reality now and then." - Philip K. Dick

Politics should never play a role in selecting a Justice or judge. Unfortunately , it always has and always will. We need this Justice seated BEFORE the election for this simple reason ; This election WILL be contested in the courts , no doubt about it , and we need another conservative to counter that traitor Roberts .

Crazy Uncle,
    If you read the report on her, she was just recently vetted and extensively. Only thing to talk about in this thread now IS the political aspect. Bottom line is, she is a constitutionalist, she believes in the rule of law. She is also very anti-abortion. All of this came out when she was vetted. Not just recently but past reports as well.

We did not make this political. The Dems made it political. If one believes a SCOTUS should not adhere to the constitution and/or inserts their own personal political agenda or uses their power to promote non-constitutional propaganda then she or he should not be eligible for a seat on the Supreme Court.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

His list has been around a minute. There's been plenty of time for vetting etc. They were vetted and carefully selected to even be on the list.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.