Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG dead ?

Hoping the Nom is a woman so they can't play the rapist card again...I'm ok with Amy Barrett

My pick would be Ted Cruz or John Cotton, then Amy Berrett.

Now, call me crazy but personally, I don't feel a woman should be a SCOTUS. Women tend to be and guide their decisions mostly based on emotion rather than constitution. Gender has nothing to do with it but emotions by nature are mostly emoted by women moreso than men, and I beleive harmones play a big part in that factor which is something most women can not control. It's part of our biological make up.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post

Now, call me crazy but personally, I don't feel a woman should be a SCOTUS. Women tend to be and guide their decisions mostly based on emotion rather than constitution. Gender has nothing to do with it but emotions by nature are mostly emoted by women moreso than men, and I beleive harmones play a big part in that factor which is something most women can not control. It's part of our biological make up.
    I'd rather keep those guys where they are. I know Cruz wants another stab at Prez when Trump is out.

Oh man, I'm over lurking on reddit/politics. Those salty libs tears are epic...

I don't want a politician on the court. We have three separate branches of government for a reason. A politician is beholden to his constituents. A justice should be beholden ONLY to the principle of law.

I want someone who has sat, for many years, hearing both criminal and civil cases. Who has listened to business owners, accused, police officers, landlords, victims, interested parties such as accountants and forensics analysts and medical examiners and third-party witnesses... someone immersed in Miranda and hundreds of other decisions defining the boundaries of what is/isn't ok in our scheme of ordered liberty... For YEARS.... and have a gut-level sense that has been borne out by appellate-level decisions of what is RIGHT, JUST AND FAIR under the law. Someone who knows and reveres the Constitution in it's best and highest reading and recognizes the imperfection of the world to which it must be applied.

The most important thing is that a justice can recognize and rightly apply those sacred standards. Most of the people who fit that description have been on the federal bench a decade or more. There are a good few of them. We don't need someone selected by a popularity contest (election) to fill that role. We need people selected as best-of-best by their peers. The liberal that even conservatives speak well of. The conservative even the liberals can't attack without talking nonsense because their decisions are so well-reasoned and cited.

Someone who knows the difference between cutting the baby in twain... and granting it to the true mother.

Not partisan... but true to real justice.

Pray with me for such a one. Because it's a person like this that can bring unity, peace and harmony to a divided populace... who can find the right path through a confusing wilderness. Who can be an influence for harmonizing disparate views who have more in common than they thought. Who offers a "third choice" that a purely partisan outlook could never have conceived. Who can make hard choices and hard decisions when they will doubtless be unpopular to all... but ultimately be recognized as the right decision. They are the priests of our secular "state religion" and we must never lose sight of that or we risk dissolving our precious and sometimes fragile union.
    Last edited by bruss01; 09-19-2020 at 12:48 AM.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Bruss, I can think of only one who would meet your requirements, and they crucified Him a couple of thousand years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post

WOW ! Never expected to hear that , especially from you !

Please allow me to play devil's advocate here. You are completely 100% correct about the hormonal and emotional thing, been married 26 years and I understand that COMPLETELY .

However, I have seen cases where that hormonal and emotional evil can potentially be put to good use, in certain instances .

The key is timing . Recognize the onset of these hormonal imbalances, use this to your advantage. This is a good time to get out the honey-do list and cross that $hit off right now. Maybe even give her a foot-rub , yeah , I know what you guys are thinking , but her feet ain't far from where you want to be anyway. Think about it.
    Lost my train of thought, what was the topic of this post.....................

oh , supreme court,

I think the supreme court should be ALL women , then if all works out well we men can sit back , have a cold one, and blow smoke up your butts and say " good job " , or , if you screw it all up royally, we sit back , have a cold one , and say " See, you just need a good foot rub " .

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Bruss, I can think of only one who would meet your requirements, and they crucified Him a couple of thousand years ago.
    I hear you, but submit that yours is an opinion (echoed by many) borne of many years of seeing only the connected, the indebted, the controlled... put forward. No doubt that happens in our sad and weary world. As someone said to me once "cream rises to the top... but so does scum". We recognize that in both cases, the same result from different causes is at work.

There are plenty of good people in the system. What we need is for them to stop being passed over BECAUSE they are good.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Member on another forum is archiving tweets as we speak. They are now calling for open violence if even an attempt is made to replace her.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

the SCOTUS seat is Amy Barrett's - she's been held back specifically to replace Ginsgerg >>> I see the announcement on funeral day as a GOP epithet slam to the old crone ....

they'll push it thru - not taking any chances on the Senate elections >>>> it'll be interesting to see how freaking stupid the House DNC is this time around >>> took a real beating when they BBQed Cavanaugh - screw over a religious female and they lose more votes ....