Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Variator belts for my scooter.

Iíve wanted one of those pedal/gas engine ones. Seems as though it could be VERY useful post-SHTF. A very stealth option that can also go faster than what others can pedal or run. Most people also have a VERY difficult time shooting a moving target.

It has now been 6 years since I have ridden anything with 2 wheels. The vibrations bothered my feet too much, and with how much worse my feet are now vs then, thereís no way that I could ride one anymore. I really liked the fuel injection on my old scooter. It didnít matter if it was 105 or 18 degrees(the hottest and coldest it was when I rode), just tap the start button and it would go right to a smooth idle. It had plenty of get up and go for around the city and had a top speed, after a couple of minor modifications, of about 65 mph.

OT, you are right. When you havenít ridden in a while, you really do miss it. Those that havenít ever ridden donít understand the whole experience of riding. It really is a unique sensation that peaks your senses and at the same time forces you to be VERY aware of your surroundings. I do miss it.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Been years and years an years since I rode one. I never owned myself, but my brother had a couple; Allstate Scrambler and Cushman Eagle. I used to ride them a good bit. Been thinking about it, but not sure it would be wise at my crusty old age. I think me and dirt wuz invented the same day...L-O-N-G time ago.

I rode mine for 2 years everywhere. Had a fanny pack around the seat with extra 2 cycle oil, sparkplugs and stuff. That being able to pedal quietly saved my ass a few times when my girlfriend's parents came home early and I was running out the back door.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    I rode mine for 2 years everywhere. Had a fanny pack around the seat with extra 2 cycle oil, sparkplugs and stuff. That being able to pedal quietly saved my ass a few times when my girlfriend's parents came home early and I was running out the back door.....lol
    Oh, you sly, sneaky devil, you!

Wow Olde Timer...you rode an olde Cushman..?? I've never seen one but spoke with plenty of people who remembered and had them. The were quite popular at one time.

I have my Fathers olde Lambretta 2 cycle scooter in my garage...never put it back on the road and never got it started..

LOL LOL LOL driftz 240....LOL LOL....Gotta agree with the Olde Timer on that one.....

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

I remember my puch and my buddy had a Tomas. His was faster out of the box. Untill I jimmyed my governor. Then it reved to holy hell. My exhaust fell off about 10 inches back from the cyl head where the pipe got big. Andi ran it open header for about 3 months before I turned 16. It was so loud people would deliberately come out of there houses to see wtf was driving by. And yell something at me as I passed by. I couldn't hear what they were saying. I thought I was cooool as hell driving a ninja street bike...in my mind

We turned a 2 mile stretch of neighborhood roads into our own race track. Knee dragging our mopeds. We used to pull our buddies on skateboards in a big train to go skate at far away places. Once I ran the thing on model racing fuel. Nitro. Lmfao sounded quite different. Fan great..till it burnt the sparkplug off it
    Last edited by driftz240; 09-16-2020 at 06:52 PM.