Thread: potato beetles on tomatoes ?

Default potato beetles on tomatoes ?

Talking to a guy today who told me that after his taters died, the potato beetles moved over and started eating his tomatoes. Not just the vines but the tomatoes too. I've been gardening 50 years and never seen or heard of this . Anyone else ever see this ?

Me neither. About the only pest we have on our maters is an occasional hornworm and rabbits.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Never heard of that either. Strange!
    About the only issue I have, even being in Texas is squash bugs but they only hit my squash and we try to catch the really early.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I have four giant native pecan trees in yard and treat three times each summer for webworms. This year I had a few of them attack my tomatoes. Nothing a little dish soap and water in sprayer would not get rid of. I like that way to watch them suffocate slowly.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

lol! You're eeeeeevel!
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

both potatoes and tomatoes are part of the night shade family. That might explain it.
    "You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

Potato beetles are pests of plants in the nightshade family. Potatoes are one plant they devour, but the beetles also eat tomatoes, eggplants and peppers. Both the adults and the larvae eat the leaves of these plants. Getting rid of potato beetles is a priority for the vegetable gardener due to the range of plants the pest can infest. Itís important to know how to look for potato beetle signs so you can be ready to eradicate the insects.

Read more at Gardening Know How: Getting Rid Of Potato Beetles: How To Kill Colorado Potato Beetle https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edi...ato-beetle.htm