Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Premade survival kits

I now have a compass itís a Cammenga 27 compass. Itís not the $100 model but itís still a military lensatic compass . It even has. NSN number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 46camper View Post
    I now have a compass itís a Cammenga 27 compass. Itís not the $100 model but itís still a military lensatic compass . It even has. NSN number

I have three of those, one with tritium which glows without having to shine a light on it. Good compasses.

I like it itís the nicest compass I ever had . Years ago the National guard used to do there weekend field training a mile or two down the road from my grandparents property . They would camp at a small lake . Anyway my cousin and I were there fishing the fallowing week after they pulled camp . He found one of the tritium compasses . As far as I know he still has it .
    Every since then I have wanted a good military compass. I just never felt like I had the budget for one.

My kit is complete I went with a Condor ops chest rig and hydroharness set up to carry the kit contents . The idea is to keep it in your person at all times . Itís supposed to be back up to gear that I have in my backpack in case I have to ditch the back pack or what ever may arise to cause me to be separated from my regular BOB pack . In a SHTF situation. It also would be used in SHTF for a scouting / hunting, scavenging rig .
    Thing is now that I have it together itís a little on the heavy side . Itís not as heavy as my regular BOB . Itís just more weight then I want . If you add it to my BOB itís just way to heavy for someone my size . So Iím going to go back through the gear and reduce some things to lighten it up.
    Itís just supposed to be something you can wear to keep you alive if you have to ditch you main gear for what ever reason in SHTF . Iím going to find out the weight of a survival vest with contents the Air Force issues pilots .

Here's how I look at it. We're not in the Amazon there is very little in America that has not been explored. People are pigs and leave trash wherever they go. Everything we need is just laying around, hanging from limbs, and washed up on the banks. I trust my abilities, my casexx pocket knife and bic lighter. It's great to have luxuries like fishing hooks, and cable snares, but not necessary. I'm not knocking you by any means, I myself have a nice bloated get home bag.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.