Thread: Premade survival kits

Default Premade survival kits

I have done some research on premade survival kits . In my opinion you would be better of setting up your own. Here are the the best ones in my opinion.
    Esee survival tin it comes with one of the small knives it is also on the pricy side at $199.99 . It has the basic survival stuff. Water tabs water collection bags. It has water tabs also. I think it needs a water filter and a better compass and ferro rod.
    Most of the components are quality gear. I think the components are US made.
    The next kit is the survival tin from Henry reapeating arms . Like the Esee kit it comes in a tin . Has some of the stuff that the Esee kit has . It also comes with a Datrex food bar.
    Henry also offers a black pack the comes with the AR-7 rifle . $567 I believe.
    I forgot to mention the Esee survival kit cost $199.95 at knifecenter.
    I wouldn’t buy the kit with ar-7 . I like adding my own weapon.
    The Henry survival tin cost $119
    Best glide seems to have the best survival kit tin for the money . Plus you can order other items to put in your kit or replace items. One other thing about best glide you can just buy the tin box pick your own items and add to it .
    Have any of you bought any of these premade kits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry a casexx folding pocket knife and a lighter. I'm good to go.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I'd rather build with what I need and have found to be quality I can depend on from previous use.

ESEE does seem to be good quality, I have a few odds and ends from them. But prices are way too high.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I've put together a few kits myself with duplicate or triplicate lighters but prefer a premium fire starter kit.I have bought several FAC and then added to suit myself. They usually come in a cute carry case. I keep a few Meals To Go bars in each kit and always have some jerky around, fish jerky being my favorite.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I plan on making a order from Best Glide in the next week or so . I’m going to build my own kit using one of best glides tin. I’m going to add my own components . I will see what I can find locally plus order some items that I feel that a kit should have .
    This may take a little while . As I have other projects also. I will keep everyone up dated . I hope that I can find the tin box locally. That will save some time and money. Another reason is because of the COVID19 . Work has cut our hours it has been that way since March. Things have been tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk