Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Premade survival kits

Weapon is usally going to be the rifle I知 hunting with . I do have single shot 45-70 that I made into a poor mans co pilot rifle . I even have some home loaded shot shells I loaded for the 45-70 . I forget the name the US army gave such loads when they issued the 45-70 100 years ago or longer .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have added a few more things to my kit today . A 2400 calorie food bar a couple glow sticks . I also have a small pack of fat wood I could have went and collected my own fat wood but this fat wood comes in a little 4 pack and it痴 seals.
    I have also added some miniature salt and pepper shakers , compressed towels , whistle , two glow sticks . On the evade part kit I bought a small compact camo makeup kit .
    Times have been hard the last three months so I have not given much time to this project

I知 putting the final touches on my survival kit build . I知 adding two fishing YO-Yo痴 and 3 small game cable snares

Forgot to say a decent compass then I not sure yet what type of container I知 putting it all in or if I知 going to set up a vest

I would suggest adding more than 3 snares. Most cable snares are ruined by one catch unless the animal is dispatched very quickly.

I will add more then 3 cable snares . It痴 just a set of three that I ordered.

I feel like a vest would be a good option. You can discard all your bulk..packs etc.. and still have what is needed while moving quickly and having all mobility and flexibility.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I believe I知 going with some style of MOLLE vest . Or I may got with a plate carrier that way I can configure the pouches exactly the way I want I知 not sure witch one of the two . That I should go with average MOLLE vest isn稚 as sturdy as a molle plate carrier. I知 not going to be putting any plates in it. I知 going to start looking over my options in the next few weeks

I ordered 6 of the small game snares . I知 also going to go ahead and add a couple bigger snares . That way I have a chance to take larger animals.

Just added two fishing YO-YOs / automatic fishers.
    My last line survival kit is almost finished some hooks , sinkers , compass . Maybe even a large ferro rod .