Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Premade survival kits

I got the the large ferro rod and some fishing lures ,sinkers . Still on the hunt for a compass .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does a person really need a compass in 2021? I'm guessing if you're deep in the jungle or the middle of a vast desert even then you'd need a map and land marks otherwise.. "ok you're going North"

It's difficult to look very far without seeing some sign of civilization is what I'm saying.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I carry.one when on foot, not in civilization and in all our vehicle's. I give zero trust to GPS. Damn things have got me turned around in bad areZ severL times before. Maps are much better
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Yeah, there are still areas out there where if you got lost you could be walking till you die. A compass can keep you going in the right direction, and should GPS fail then you have a way to orient yourself if you are familiar with reading a map and a compass. I keep a nationwide MAPSCO and a good compass in my car at all times.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Yeah, I don't have, nor do I intend to get, a GPS. I trust them about as much as I do Biden and his demonic hoard. I'll trust my map and compass, and I usually carry two compasses when I go out into the hinterlands.

I really donít need a compass in my area . Being this is a SHTF type of survival kit and a back up kit to my main gear in SHTH and I have to go to the families farm where all plan to meet. Also if it comes to the secondary roads being shut . The compass will come in handy for navigating the woods to that location. Also we will be crossing some private properties along the route. With the maps I have and a compass it will be easier to avoid peoples property that may cause trouble along the way.
    I know in SHTF / WROL that walking the road will be dangerous. So will tromping through the woods on peoples private property. I know some of the people and they wonít mind me passing through . Then there are the ones that I donít know. They wonít believe that Iím passing through

About a compass. Somethng a lot of folks don't know, in an area you're thorouoghly familiar with in the day time, if you end up there after dark, nothing looks the same. After dark its a whole different world. Its too easy to get disoriented and get lost. Word to the wise, include a compass in your kit. True, you may never need it, but then OTOH.... And one other thought, compact binos.
    Last edited by beowulf; Yesterday at 04:44 PM.

I have the binos. Iím getting the compass for sure. Just undecided on what compass .

Quote Originally Posted by 46camper View Post
    I have the binos. Iím getting the compass for sure. Just undecided on what compass .

I use a military lensatic compass. Its the one I'm familiar with.

I have both Sliva and Ranger compasses.
    Small binos are very useful. More than you would think.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13