Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A way around this so called “coin shortage”

Default A way around this so called “coin shortage”

The economy has been back open long enough now to fix any coin shortage there may or may not have been. On our paper currency it states: This note is legal tender for all debts public and private. So when you go visit a large chain store(cause those seem to be the only ones experiencing a coin shortage), pay cash to the whole dollar rounded down. So if your bill is $37.23, pay $37 in cash. Then put the $0.23 on a credit card! The large chain store will pay more in fees than the small transaction was worth, thus they will start loosing money, all the while we hang on to the change.

I did not come up with this. My wife read it to me, not quit sure where she read it at but it sounds good to me! To me, this whole “coin shortage” just sounds like an excuse to fast track us to the cashless society.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    The economy has been back open long enough now to fix any coin shortage there may or may not have been. On our paper currency it states: This note is legal tender for all debts public and private. So when you go visit a large chain store(cause those seem to be the only ones experiencing a coin shortage), pay cash to the whole dollar rounded down. So if your bill is $37.23, pay $37 in cash. Then put the $0.23 on a credit card! The large chain store will pay more in fees than the small transaction was worth, thus they will start loosing money, all the while we hang on to the change.

I did not come up with this. My wife read it to me, not quit sure where she read it at but it sounds good to me! To me, this whole “coin shortage” just sounds like an excuse to fast track us to the cashless society.

According to our local bank there is no coin shortage, just another lie like the virus is a pandemic and masks protect us.

It's a logistic problem; getting coins where they're needed when they're needed. It will clear up.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    It's a logistic problem; getting coins where they're needed when they're needed. It will clear up.

Wondering the same myself..

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Here locally there are many banks that have closed their lobbys and are only operating drive thru only.
    This prevents piggy bank deposits.

Cash is still good in my AO and we can go inside the bank via simple request. If we don't stand together and use cash it will easily disappear.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Cash is still good in my AO and we can go inside the bank via simple request. If we don't stand together and use cash it will easily disappear.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Look, I'm really sorry guys, I've got it all in my truck console and coin cup on my dresser. I'll try to get it back in circulation.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Look, I'm really sorry guys, I've got it all in my truck console and coin cup on my dresser. I'll try to get it back in circulation.
    Well, Chip, I guess 'tween you and me we're the probable cause. I've got a whole bunch of change rolled and in a .50 cal ammo can. Plus what I've got in the truck and the car.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Well, Chip, I guess 'tween you and me we're the probable cause. I've got a whole bunch of change rolled and in a .50 cal ammo can. Plus what I've got in the truck and the car.
    I thought I was the only one that kept ammo cans full of change. Between my normal ammo and the coins I’m sure my new neighbors think I have enough ammo to supply an army!!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best