Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: masks

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,401

    Default masks

    Do they really protect anyone ?

    https://johnbwellsnews.com/to-mask-or-not-to-mask/

  2. #2

    Default

    Doubtful.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Morgan County, Alabama
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    I think they provide a certain level of protection. The covid19 virus itself is small and the fabric of the mask will not stop it. A mask spun thick enough to stop the virus would also seriously impede breathing.

    But the virus travels in aerosolized moisture drops and those will be stopped by the masks.

    It's moot where I live anyway; my city has decreed that as of Monday July 13th at 5:00PM local ALL PEONS WILL WEAR MASKS!!!!!!


    Oh well, if all does go to H3ll then I'll be all the better prepared for life as a bandit!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    I think they provide a certain level of protection. The covid19 virus itself is small and the fabric of the mask will not stop it. A mask spun thick enough to stop the virus would also seriously impede breathing.

    But the virus travels in aerosolized moisture drops and those will be stopped by the masks.

    It's moot where I live anyway; my city has decreed that as of Monday July 13th at 5:00PM local ALL PEONS WILL WEAR MASKS!!!!!!


    Oh well, if all does go to H3ll then I'll be all the better prepared for life as a bandit!
    Actually , the article says these masks will NOT stop aerosols

    My state too has made masks mandatory, but no stores in my county are enforcing it. Very few sheep here, almost nobody , except the elderly , are wearing them anywhere.
    Last edited by bambam; 07-14-2020 at 10:23 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Morgan County, Alabama
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    A recent study concluded masks work to stop aerosolized moisture better than previously thought, according to a recent report. Back in April I had a periodic physical with my doctor and I asked him about masks. He thought they were imperfect but reasonably protective for citizens who were not medical personnel.

    I dunno myself, really.

    Although the article expresses a lot of doubt, maybe the trick is to change the cheap blue pleated masks regularly and if you use cloth reusable ones, have a number and wash them regularly.

    A little protection is better than none.

    Officially I only know what my overlords tell me.

    As I said my city says WEAR THEM!!!!! OK. Security theater. I'll play. There's a Lotta hills one can die on; this one ain't worth it.
    Last edited by TommyGunn; 07-14-2020 at 10:42 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    A recent study concluded masks work to stop aerosolized moisture better than previously thought, according to a recent report. Back in April I had a periodic physical with my doctor and I asked him about masks. He thought they were imperfect but reasonably protective for citizens who were not medical personnel.

    I dunno myself, really.

    Officially I only know what my overlords tell me.

    As I said my city says WEAR THEM!!!!! OK. Security theater. I'll play. There's a Lotta hills one can die on; this one ain't worth it.
    " reasonably protective " is no protection, like a condom with a hole in it. But if it makes you feel safer, who am I to argue .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Morgan County, Alabama
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    " reasonably protective " is no protection, like a condom with a hole in it. But if it makes you feel safer, who am I to argue .
    Reasonably protective is no protection? So don't wear a ballistic vest when you're a cop because, gauranteed, the bad guy will get a head shot on you. That doesn't make sense.
    What's "reasonable" is certainly debatable. A condom with a hole is not great but better than nothing. Otoh, abstinence works every time it's tried and you save $$$ by not buying condoms.

    But we don't have THAT choice for covid 19.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Think of it like this. If you can smell a fart, it痴 not working and someone is breaking the 6ft rule. If the stink particles can seep through the fabric of underwear and pants, and still penetrate your nostrils through your mask, then it sure as heck ain稚 stopping a virus. Done, period, the end.

    For any local government to require masks, beyond anything besides a placebo, then they better be the ones providing the darn things so the local population can meet said standards, if they even define them.

    Otherwise people will just keep re wearing the same ones they leave hanging on their rearview mirrors, and not washing the ones they think are in fashion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    Reasonably protective is no protection? So don't wear a ballistic vest when you're a cop because, gauranteed, the bad guy will get a head shot on you. That doesn't make sense.
    What's "reasonable" is certainly debatable. A condom with a hole is not great but better than nothing. Otoh, abstinence works every time it's tried and you save $$$ by not buying condoms.

    But we don't have THAT choice for covid 19.
    You could have a great future with CNN .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Masks are not about protection or even "Slowing the spread" it is ALL about control. It is all about pushing on the world population to count the sheep.
    Let's look at the facts:
    Fact: Hospitals have been counting ANYONE who dies that tests positive as a COVID-1984 death. This skews the numerator of the statistics.
    Fact: Hospitals have been mixing COVID-1984 patients with negative patients. This infects non Wuhan Flu patients. This skews the infection rate of the statistics
    Fact: Nursing care facilities are unable to isolate COVID-1984 patients from their aging population. This infects non Wuhan Flu patients at greatest risk of death. This skews the infection rate and the death rate of the statistics.
    Fact: Any results are disproportionately reported as positive by a significant number of labs in FL, TX, and CA. This skews the infection rate.
    Fact: any positive tests for COVID-1984 since February 2020, have been listed as new cases.

    As a Mathematician and Computer Scientist, I deal with statistics all the time. Those above facts guarantee NOBODY will ever know what the true infection rate of the COVID-1984 virus is, nor will anyone ever know what the true death rate is. All you have to do is watch 10 minutes of Erin Marie Olszewski's video and you will know that many, many, many deaths from the Kung Flu are the result of nothing short of malpractice. The news agencies only tell people part of the story, the part to get the sheep scared.

    OK lets go to masks. If masks protect us, why do we social distance? If social distancing works, why do we wear masks? If masks and social distancing work, why are we still trapped in our homes? Answer: it is not about protecting your health. IT IS ALL ABOUT CONTROL. The virus is measured in nanometers. That is 1/1,000,000,000 of a meter. A really small thing. The fibers and spaces between the fibers in the typical mask worn outside are measured in micrometers. That is 1/1,000,000 of a meter. Still small but 1000 times the size of the virus. So when I say protecting your self from the virus using a mask is like protecting yourself from mosquitoes using a chain-link fence. Let's say masks really do work. A person walks through a cloud of the virus and the mask filters it all out. What happens to that mask, when they get home? peel the mask off and toss it on hall table with the car keys. Wash hands and get on with the day. What about their clothes? VERY few people are stripping down, disinfecting the clothes and themselves and going about their day. VERY few people are disinfecting packages and mail coming into the home. NOBODY knows if these measures are even necessary.

    ABSOLUTELY USELESS

    So, the big red herring is the virus. The big red herring is the masks. The big red herring is the shut down.

    They don't want you to notice this whole thing is going step by step, line by line right according to plan. Take a look at Event 201. Read it. It was written over a year BEFORE COVID-1984.

    Why are we running out of cash? Why are we running out of coins? Why do they want us converted over to digital currency? That last one was rhetorical. I hope everyone knows the answer to that one. It's the same reason they want us out of churches, and voting by mail.
    Last edited by Crazy Uncle; 07-15-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    July 4, 1776 - November 4, 2020
    覧覧覧由IP USA覧覧覧

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •