Thread: baking soda....cleaned scratches in safety glasses plastic lenses..

Default baking soda....cleaned scratches in safety glasses plastic lenses..

Have been getting a lot of fine scratches in my plastic lenses in my safety glasses.

Found out that you can clean up these fine scratches with a baking soda and water paste.

I did this operation twice and the 2nd time by taking the lenses out of the frames....and they cleaned up much better with them so removed...

I was thinking I would have to order another set of prescription safety glasses but this method for which I found on line....did the trick.
    Those fine scratches were getting very annoying.

Glad I did not have to get another set of prescription safety glasses....cha ching!!!!

Never thought of baking soda until I decided to look on line.....Wow....ordinary baking soda.....simple....

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Thank you for posting this 4 days after I threw away a pair of reader/cheaters because they pretty scratched up.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

You can clean up DVDs and CDs this way also..

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    You can clean up DVDs and CDs this way also..
    Will it bring my 8 Tracks back to life?
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

8 tracks????? Your gonna have to listen to your Boston on Spotify oldtimer