Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gun and ammunition shortage....going on out here....4th of July Weekend??

Default gun and ammunition shortage....going on out here....4th of July Weekend??

I have not been going about to gun stores of late....even to Bass Pro Shoppes.Ö.

I have noted the lines outside of one of the local gun stores.....but have not stopped in. I have been thinking further about that CZ 527 rifle in 7.62 x39mm calibration..but fighting the urge....

Got a call today from someone I Know looking for a .357 Magnum Revolver...and they told me the cupboards are going bare at the local gun stores...ammunition too....really bare.

I knew gun sales were up significantly but not to that extent.

What do the gun shops look like in your part of the country.??? Curious minds and all that sort of thing.???

Wondering if this shortage is going to cure me of this simmering urge to go out and order this CZ 527 rifle.???

I am also hearing some rumors of two legged wildlife running amok with plans for the weekend of the 4 th of July.

What have the other members here heard in this arena as well ????

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

Default My Experience

I've had my eye on a particular weapon for months now... reading reviews, checking "Buds Gun Shop" for the item (decent prices and fast shipping). I even set up an email notification to alert me when the Mossberg 590 "Shockwave" in .410 would be back in stock.

Last night, it happened. I already had the web site loaded and was logged in, so on a whim I peeked at my shopping cart that had read "OUT OF STOCK" for weeks and weeks. To my delight, I see that they have 5 in stock for immediate purchase. I got up from my desk, walked 20 feet into the bedroom to retrieve my credit card, and when I returned less than 30 seconds later they were sold out again.

I wanted to shed a tear. I had just returned to Michigan from a road to TN and was camped in front of their store in Sevierville, but could not delay my trip any longer waiting for them to open. That store was the ONLY one in the country I'd found that had at least one in stock, just not available online. Sadly, I had to leave and proceed to my destination in NE TN for an appointment.

Lesson learned. I've stored my payment info on their web site for the moment they become available again... if they EVER get any more in stock.

I'm currently awaiting NCIC approval of my application to purchase a Mk19 belt fed, 40mm grenade launcher. 25000 rds of ammo for it, and a dozen gross of claymore minds and detonators. HA, HA! I wish! Don't you know that NCIC would absolutely sh*t if they ever got such and application?

Actually, I haven't been to a gun store in several months now. For while I had an interest in a Keystone Sporting Arms Cricket rifle, adult stock, in .22 Magnum. Don't really need it as I already have a Marlin model783 bolt action is .22 Mag. But I like it for its compactness. I may still get one, not sure. I already have one in .22LR. Shooting CCI Stingers or Velociters I suspect it would pack a pretty decent punch.
    Last edited by beowulf; 06-24-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I'm currently awaiting NCIC approval of my application to purchase a Mk19 belt fed, 40mm grenade launcher. 25000 rds of ammo for it, and a dozen gross of claymore minds and detonators. HA, HA! I wish! Don't you know that NCIC would absolutely sh*t if they ever got such and application?

Actually, I haven't been to a gun store in several months now. For while I had an interest in a Keystone Sporting Arms Cricket rifle, adult stock, in .22 Magnum. Don't really need it as I already have a Marlin model783 bolt action is .22 Mag. But I like it for its compactness. I may still get one, not sure. I already have one in .22LR. Shooting CCI Stingers or Velociters I suspect it would pack a pretty decent punch.
    Russian friend says he can make deal happen. He prefers cash, gold, diamonds etc....

On a serious note, I'm surprised that some of the guard armories haven't been hit. I mean, there are folks who know where the AT4's are and how to use them....Just saying. I know that firearms robberies are up. Wishing I could make a call and just get delivered what I want...But the list is so long!!!!

CZ 527 are not a big grab item sort of. You can still get them. Ammo is still available. My favorite gun store now has stuff coming in all the time. The order all the time as well. NFA stuff as well. They don't have million rounds of ammo at shop, but who knows at home...The one owner has some nice M1 grands!! Ammo plant has bunkers of 06 enblock clips in bandoliers sealed cases. I can't even imagine how much folks want for that ammo now on gun broker!!!

I usually pick up a box or 2 of 45 Colt when I'm by, last Saturday they had none....

Had to go through all of my ammo and fun sticks the other day to get them ready to move. Previously I was a bit nervous that I didnít have enough stored. But after going through all my little stashes here and there, Iím alright. The last time I went to a local gun and ammo place, I saw long lines to buy and very little ammo on the shelves.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

youll hace to settle for a semi auto mk19 with 37mm grenades... those are the rules

just read a FB posting from a local gun shop >> posted a pic of the pile of cased handguns that just came in - pallet loads of ammo to go with the gun shipment ....

stuff is flowing but the demand is gobbling up everything >>> don't see any let up until 2021 - longer and even worse if the balloon goes up ...

The BLM/ANTIFA chaos going on in various cities has inspired a run on guns & ammo. My local Academy has no 5.56mm., no .22, no 9mm., and very little other common rounds. Some oddball caliber hunting rounds are in stock.
    Also, no AR-15s.

Another local gunstore is better stocked but is rationing some ammo.

I'm glad I have plenty of .22, 5.56, .308 and various centerfire pistol rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    The BLM/ANTIFA chaos going on in various cities has inspired a run on guns & ammo. My local Academy has no 5.56mm., no .22, no 9mm., and very little other common rounds. Some oddball caliber hunting rounds are in stock.
    Also, no AR-15s.

Another local gunstore is better stocked but is rationing some ammo.

I'm glad I have plenty of .22, 5.56, .308 and various centerfire pistol rounds.

Yep, same here. Itís a good time to be a prepper.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    youll hace to settle for a semi auto mk19 with 37mm grenades... those are the rules
    Then, to blazes with the rules!