Thread: when the cops quit

Is this treason?

Only If we call it out......
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

wow
    the entire senior staff of the Rochester NY police dept have quit

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/roches...ry?id=72884253

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

We need a distraction. like someone reloading, taking their scooter somewhere, or maybe re tuning their radio.... I need to turn my attention to someone else !
    =
    Make America under God Again
    *Putting*America*Back*Together*

another one bites the dust
    this time the Dallas Tx Chief of Police

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...4-7fec2e2b0784

shouldn't come as a surprise:

Minneapolis city councilors told the city police chief Tuesday that their residents are feeling “terrorized” and say police are “nowhere to be seen” months after the police killing of George Floyd set off protests against police brutality.

The meeting this week came months after the city council unanimously voted to amend the city’s charter to allow the city police department to be dismantled. The proposal, which would need to be voted on as a ballot measure, would replace the police department with a Department of Community Safety and Violence Prevention, “which will have responsibility for public safety services prioritizing a holistic, public health-oriented approach.”

During the two-hour meeting, several council members, including Council President Lisa Bender, said residents have complained that officers on the ground said they will not enforce laws or make arrests.

But council members told Arradondo that officers are saying they’re overworked and understaffed. The chief said about 100 officers have left the department this year, more than double the usual amount who step down or are inactive every year.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...zed-say-police

Quote Originally Posted by CENTEXDUDE View Post
    First and foremost let me state that I support L.E. and think this defund/disband is an idiotic idea.

But there are bad apples in a lot of L.E. departments. Know what the bad thing about this is?.......the good officers know who they are but because of the "blue wall" they keep silent and look the other way.
    There are several reasons for this......collective bargaining/police unions.....corruption within departments.....and a close knit almost inclusive "club", a separate part of society.
    I can understand the close-knit portion because of their job. Just think of the dealings these people, yes they are people, have to face every day...things you and I couldn't handle.
    How many police officers, say, are part of a regular bowling league?.....softball or football league?....not many because they don't want to have questions posed to them that they have to relive some events of their jobs.... and some of us really don't want to know.

There just might be a silver lining to this defund/disband movement.........that the L.E. departments out there do something about the bad officers that they know about and do something before said officer does something like the Floyd event.
    I, for one, did something about it. Around 1995, I took a cellular 9-1-1 call the seemed - at first - to be a fluke... nothing but casual conversation between a couple of guys in a car. I listened closely to discern if any criminality was afoot, and after a few minutes these dudes revealed themselves to be "dirty cops". In Detroit (I know, go figure). I let them ramble on about stealing dope and guns, bad-mouthing the command staff, naming names, etc. The end result was a consent decree from the DOJ and the city of Detroit that lasted for years... all because of a couple of idiot cowboy cops. Needless to say, I was bit nervous for awhile, having to work in the same precinct as these dirty bastards. Fear not - there is hope on the horizon. The cream will eventually rise to the top.