Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: when the cops quit

Default when the cops quit

unfortunately as most of us know the police in big cities are very much enforcers for the liberal elites in power.
    the turning point in the collapse of any regime - be it a nation or just a city is when the praetorian guard abandons those in charge.
    military coups are the extreme example, but just simply refusing to protect the powers that be is usually enough.

we are seeing it now
    police resignations / retirements are rampant
    in Atlanta the "blue flu" is widespread to the point where they are paying $500 / day riot bonuses
    reports of entire sections with no police radio traffic
    expect to see cops stop writing tickets which for lots of jurisdictions is good chunk of change.

Colorado just passed draconian law to punish individual officers for a variety of offenses.
    Look for lots of retirements / moving to Tx, FL, other states where LEO is respected.

Colorado state lawmakers passed legislation on Saturday that fundamentally changes policing in the state, and the governor is expected to sign it quickly.

The new law also removed qualified immunity protections for police officers, meaning that individual cops can be sued for actions taken in the course of doing their jobs that may violate an individualís civil rights.

If a police department determines that an officer acted in bad faith, they may hold the officer accountable for up to 5% or $25,000, whichever is less, of the settlement or judgement collected by a plaintiff, the Denver Post reported.

This leaves officers with no due process to avoid fines outside of their police departmentís review. A police department may offer a large settlement to a plaintiff and then force the officer to pay 5% of it.
    https://bluelivesmatter.blue/colorad...-part-of-them/

First and foremost let me state that I support L.E. and think this defund/disband is an idiotic idea.

But there are bad apples in a lot of L.E. departments. Know what the bad thing about this is?.......the good officers know who they are but because of the "blue wall" they keep silent and look the other way.
    There are several reasons for this......collective bargaining/police unions.....corruption within departments.....and a close knit almost inclusive "club", a separate part of society.
    I can understand the close knit portion because of their job. Just think of the dealings these people, yes they are people, have to face every day...things you and I couldn't handle.
    How many police officers, say, are part of a regular bowling league?.....softball or football league?....not many because they don't want to have questions posed to them that they have to relive some events of their jobs.... and some of us really don't want to know.

There just might be a silver lining to this defund/disband movement.........that the L.E. departments out there do something about the bad officers that they know about and do something before said officer does something like the Floyd event.

I don't think anyone should be a law enforcer unless they are like Andy Griffith .
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I don't think anyone should be a law enforcer unless they are like Andy Griffith .
    They'd have already hanged Matt Dillon 1000 times over, or Marshal Dan Troop (John Russel) from the 1960s TV show, LAWMAN.

But there are bad apples in a lot of L.E. departments. Know what the bad thing about this is?.......the good officers know who they are but because of the "blue wall" they keep silent and look the other way.
    There are several reasons for this......collective bargaining/police unions.....corruption within departments.....and a close knit almost inclusive "club", a separate part of society.
    I can understand the close knit portion because of their job. Just think of the dealings these people, yes they are people, have to face every day...things you and I couldn't handle.
    How many police officers, say, are part of a regular bowling league?.....softball or football league?....not many because they don't want to have questions posed to them that they have to relive some events of their jobs.... and some of us really don't want to know.

There just might be a silver lining to this defund/disband movement.........that the L.E. departments out there do something about the bad officers that they know about and do something before said officer does something like the Floyd event.
    I think this is spot on, let's hope the good cops (vast majority) step up an force out the bad ones by ending the code of silence / protect your own mentality.
    And also start refusing to enforce tyrannical missives of the power hungry tyrants

I wish and I agree this should be the mentality of a peace officer, just think in many places we have passed where that is an option. In my neck of the woods that's still generally the case, but the pillbillies are making that more and more difficult. Not many law breakers have the attitude of Otis the town drunk of Mayberry.

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    unfortunately as most of us know the police in big cities are very much enforcers for the liberal elites in power.
    the turning point in the collapse of any regime - be it a nation or just a city is when the praetorian guard abandons those in charge.
    military coups are the extreme example, but just simply refusing to protect the powers that be is usually enough.

we are seeing it now
    police resignations / retirements are rampant
    in Atlanta the "blue flu" is widespread to the point where they are paying $500 / day riot bonuses
    reports of entire sections with no police radio traffic
    expect to see cops stop writing tickets which for lots of jurisdictions is good chunk of change.

Colorado just passed draconian law to punish individual officers for a variety of offenses.
    Look for lots of retirements / moving to Tx, FL, other states where LEO is respected.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/colorad...-part-of-them/
    My disagreement is only with the statement "This leaves officers with no due process to avoid fines..." That is a blatant LIE. They will FINALLY get court hearings for their potential misdeeds and will be judged by a jury of their peers, completely unlike what happens now wherein people may unilaterally have their cases dismissed.

They will indeed get their due process, but the bad actors might actually have to be accountable to the people they mistreat.

the bad actors might actually have to be accountable to the people they mistreat.
    agreed, that's the big issue here as you point out because those bad actors are equal opportunity offenders.
    they violate conservatives as well as liberals

Atlanta cops - huge numbers call in in sick.
    this article has copy of the PD call sheet proving it

https://www.independentsentinel.com/...rce=whatfinger

Just saw a short video clip on PSB . Cop was sitting in his cruiser, headed to a protest to defund the police , because they REQUESTED police protection for their defund the police rally. He was laughing his a$$ off.