Thread: received my third Xiegu G 90 radio and so modified...

Default received my third Xiegu G 90 radio and so modified...

Received my third Xiegu G90 radio a couple of days ago and today did the modification as did I the other two radios.

It works fine.

This radio will be wrapped in heavy duty commercial tin foil and put into a military grade metal ammo can....with gasket lubricated with a silicon based grease..the same kind I put on my firearms to serve as a moisture barrier.

This modification allows the radio to transmit straight through ...the entire band on which it will receive.

Prior to this modification it would only transmit on certain bands..other places it would not transmit.

I will not be transmitting everywhere and make a pestillance of myself...buk in an Emergency or SHTF/TEOTWAWKI.....it is a good option to have..

This makes seven such radios so modified..

What makes this radio great is that it does not need a high amperage power supply/source and it is very small..compared to my original FT 890 radio...made by Yaesu.

Plans are also to adapt to this radio ...two olde time straight Morse code keyers and put them into the ammo can as well.

Watcherchris
    Not an Ishmaelite.

How you modify these?
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Speaking of radios, I picked up 10 of the Baofeng Uv 5r, but have not don't anything with them. We had a BLM march yesterday and a group mostly new to me got together and invited me in. They are something of peppers but more on a superior firepower angle, not sure what other stores they may have.

So the youngest in the group has this program set up in his laptop, and programmed several radios for these guys that has many of the area Leo and first responder channels as well as marine and gmrs and frs. Had it not been 20 miles and an hour round trip I would have come home and grabbed mine.

I did get his contact info and will be getting with him sometime in the near future to set these up. I'll divide these up with kids and try to have them put theirs in Faraday of some kind.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    How you modify these?

let me see if I can bring up this link...it is the removal of one diode....T4....right there by that white arrow or triangle...

I used a magnifying glass to clearly identify the part as T4.

Here this video...but I think this guy is speaking Russian. I was using a pencil soldering iron so as not to apply too much heat..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vld-x5I3r2I

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 06-16-2020 at 09:14 AM.