Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Mazda rx8 project. ....

We need pics
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I'll have to get some. Pics from my phone look like they were taken with a potato. Lol . Might even make a montage video of the build. Might be interesting

Turned out to be a big project. The transmission I had wouldn't work. So I had to spurge and get a new t56 magnum 6 speed. $3200 i did not plan on spending..
    I'm getting closer every day. This is a Nicole dime build. Every time you turn around it's $25 to $100 here and there.
    Me and the boy decided we're going to make it a grocery getter. Full interior and adult tasteful mods. No boy racer stuff. It's nice having a project that doesn't involve guns at the moment. It bides my time and keeps my hands busy. Keeps me from burning threw ammo. So since guns and ammo are expensive now. It's the perfect time to shift focus alittle.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Turned out to be a big project. The transmission I had wouldn't work. So I had to spurge and get a new t56 magnum 6 speed. $3200 i did not plan on spending..
    I'm getting closer every day. This is a Nicole dime build. Every time you turn around it's $25 to $100 here and there.
    Me and the boy decided we're going to make it a grocery getter. Full interior and adult tasteful mods. No boy racer stuff. It's nice having a project that doesn't involve guns at the moment. It bides my time and keeps my hands busy. Keeps me from burning threw ammo. So since guns and ammo are expensive now. It's the perfect time to shift focus alittle.
    Guns are way cheaper than cars. At least they have been for me
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Yes and no. Buying a gun a month and going to the range a few times a month is cheaper. Buying a gun or 3 a month and shooting 50k rds a year is not...lol. I like guns and competitive shooting way more than cars at this point in my life. But getting behind the wheel of something fun to drive is a big part of my past. I like going fast. Shooting, driving , surfing, I'm an adrenaline junkie. When I chased down a hit n run driver a few years ago I was in Nirvana the whole time. The world was clear and I was calm as a Hindu cow.. I live for that stuff.

Welp.. project money pit is in full swing. Engine is almost 100percent ready. Trans should be ready for pick up this coming week. Ordered a stronger differential mount..since the gas tank is just above the diff flange... I figured I like being here on Earth and don't want to punch the spinning diff / drive shaft threw the gas tank...not in my best interest. Maybe next weekend will be go time to attempt to make 5.3 liters of American loving mate with it's Japanese hunny. Hey that's kinda like my life...hehehe

Working on both my car and truck to get them ready this year...been procrastinating on this.

Fixed my door lock and handle on my car and need to get the CV Joints changed out. Can do it myself but thinking about getting someone else to do it this time and pay.

Then front end alignment.

Should be good for a long long time as I mostly ride my scooter to and fro...during the week. Takes me many many years to put even 50 K on a vehicle with four tires. But I want them to be on the ready line when needed mechanically and electrically.

This is cutting into my range and reloading time...

Now examining an Adams Arms AR 10 in .308 in lieu of an M1A, The local gun stores tell me M1As are not in great supply today.

Doing my homework on this tool.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Keep us posted on your AR search OT. I've started looking at building one myself. I'm not opposed to buying one however.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Well. It's nearly done. Engine in. Runs. Gotta do a few little things . And get exhaust and wrap job. I'm excited to drive it. The v8 with open headers sounds amazing. But I got a magnaflow to put on it. Couldn't buy a better performance car for double the money I spent. Have not dynoed but I similar trim 365hp 385ftlb. IN a 3000 lb car with close ratio gearbox and 4.30 rear end should be a blast to grocery get in.