Thread: Received my second G90 HF radio and will be testing it..

Default Received my second G90 HF radio and will be testing it..

My second G 90 HF transceiver came yesterday and will be checking it out over the three day weekend...

Here....the Xiegu G 90 HF Radio...

https://www.amazon.com/Xiegu-Amateur...s%2C139&sr=8-3

Also with it is the fan cooling kit..to mount underneath it. I have this for the first one I bought....as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This radio has certain frequencies blocked out on transmit....by design and I am looking into the modification to open up the transmit all across the band as I have done with my other HF radios. In particular I want the CB bands..but all across the frequency spectrum will suffice.

I am thinking down the road of getting one more of these radios and putting it aside after the proper needed modifications.

This is a very nice working rig for the monies and what was a surprise about it is that it has in it a built in automatic antenna tuner....

Up to now I have been using external manual antenna tuners of which I have several.

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Did the transmit modification to my first Xiegu G90 HF radio today...it was successful.

This modification allows the radio to transmit all the way through the same received frequencies. I particularly wanted to be able to transmit on the Olde CB bands which it would not do as it came from the factory.

Learned how to do this on line....

Will be doing the same modification on the second radio I received.

Plan to obtain a third radio of this type later down the road..and perform the same modification to it

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Keep in mind those modifications mean you now own an illegal transmitter.

Tom,
    how easy are the mods? Looking to get a couple more HF units for family.
    Snyper,
    We are all aware as Hams about the legal issues. Legality doesn't mean squat in times of SHTF, so reliable comms are a must.
    Monitoring and broadcasting on all freq. may be the only way to stay in touch.
    I run my cobra LTD through a tuner and out to a 43ft Vertical with 32 radials, really increases the range.
    I also have all of my radios opened up. Most done by dealer at time of purchase under the MARS/CAP
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    It would only be illegal if you transmit on one of those frequencies. And a one time use would almost impossible to track besides. You can listen to any freq on the Irwaves.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Hadite81,

Tom,
    how easy are the mods? Looking to get a couple more HF units for family.
    Rather easy to do....remove one diode. Apparently these frequencies are locked out with a diode...a gate if you like.

https://xiegug90.groups.io/g/main/to...0,2,0,34243209

LOL LOL LOL Snyper…..

Ok....I reckon now that this means I now own 6 illegal transmitters...not one.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.

Not everyone who reads these posts are aware of all the laws.

They might think they could make the modifications but still use the radios to talk.

lol lol lol Spyder....lol lol!!!

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

Zoooooooooooooooommmmm!!!!!

Performed the modification tonight on my 2nd G90 radio.....with success.

A very easy modification to do.

Posted this on another site...and will paste it to this post..this thread..

This evening I performed the modification on the second G90 radio such that it can transmit straight through all the frequencies on which it wil receive.

Mind you now ...this does not mean I am going to be transmitting wherever I so want ..but in a SHTF situation and or TEOTWAWKI...I have that option and not limited to factory settings..

Nothing worse to me than a radio operator with little to no disciplines making a pestillance out of themselves and conducting their station as were they nothing more than two legged wildlife....

Not for me thank you.

I spent too much time and monies learning how radios and antennas work to become two legged wildlife.....and I am not strictly speaking of radios here but life itself..

Life requires discipline...prepping is discipline....no two legged wildlife need apply.

IN particular I wanted the ability for it to transmit on the 11 meter/CB frequencies.

Most people do not know that in America ..in a legitimate emergency you can transmit on frequencies normally forbidden..but it needs to be a real emergency.

I do not know if these same conditions apply on the radio in the UK...concerning emergency use.

Nonetheless I now have two such modified G90 radios and actually have other radios also so modified...total 7 such HF radios so modified.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite ……………….nor two legged wildlife.....!!!

Received the third Xiegu G90 radio the other day and will be performing the modification as Have I so done on the other two.

This radio will be put away after being wrapped heavily in foil and put into a military grade ammo can with a good gasket seal on it lubricated with silicone grease.

This will be a spare....
    Already have spare antennas as well as antenna materials set aside..,.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.