Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Murder" Hornets spotted in Washington State?!?!?!

y'all hongry to go through all that trouble. gar fillets.....

I did see a 600+lb gar at a bass pro in Memphis, might have been able to get a decent fillet off her.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

One of those salt shooting bug assault guns might piss them off real good

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    One of those salt shooting bug assault guns might piss them off real good
    I have wanted one of those things ever since they came out lol. Just seems like too much fun.

I've seen them in Japan when we lived there at Yakota AFB during a trip to go fishing. They are indeed big and one of them got into our vehicle. Fortunately no one got stung....but they are big...Ö.and nasty looking.

Been stung by wasps....yellow jackets and such. Fortunately I am not violently allergic as are some I know..

I'll pass on this species....thanks,

Orangetom

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    I've seen them in Japan when we lived there at Yakota AFB during a trip to go fishing. They are indeed big and one of them got into our vehicle. Fortunately no one got stung....but they are big...Ö.and nasty looking.

Been stung by wasps....yellow jackets and such. Fortunately I am not violently allergic as are some I know..

I'll pass on this species....thanks,

Orangetom
    I've been stung by wasps, yellow jackets and honey bees. But the worst was a bumblebee...one of the smaller ones. That was about as much fun as getting wisdom teeth pulled without first deadening the nerve. Honey bees are actually quite docile...normally...except for the African bees. Wasps, well, you don't bother them they usually won't bother you. They do get a little "nervous" if you get too close to their nest. Yellow jackets, OTOH, are just a bunch of sick, demented sadists. They don't need a reason. They just sting for the fun of stinging.

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    I have wanted one of those things ever since they came out lol. Just seems like too much fun.
    They are even more fun than you think they would be!! Got one for Christmas and have been playing with it since.

Most times it will kill a fly with one shot, but sometimes it just stuns them so you need to follow up with a close range assassination shot. It is VERY effective on spiders. It turns moths into a powder cloud. Shot a scorpion and caused it to fall from the wall not to be seen again(my dog will eat scorpions if she finds one on the floor). It pissed off a wasp but the wasp didnít return.

My brother and I shot each other to see how it felt. Surprisingly it stung pretty good! Iíve averaged about 2 months per load of salt but I expect that to drop considerably now that summer is approaching. Canít wait till I get a chance to shoot a mosquito with it!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    They sell them at Cabelas here, but at $50.00 per I just decided a fly swat was much more economical.