Thread: Gas Masks

Default Gas Masks

One of the things Iíve been putting off. Gas Masks. Honestly feel a little overwhelmed. Have a family of 6 so we would need 6. My kids are teens and would likely fit in adult masks. Such a wide range of prices and types.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Is this a good mask at a good price?

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...ad03a00a240613
    When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Check out the listings amazon has.
    Try never to buy certain items during panics.

Buying a mask is so difficult I think. Because unless you can get your hands on one to get a feel for it, it really seems like a crap shoot to me. With that in mind balancing cost and effectiveness is always a concern for me. I don't want to buy a "cheap one" and get just that, but affording a super dupper mask can be very burdensome. The downfall of any good mask seems to be the filter and shelf life.

So i have come to just biting the bullet and when the come back I am going to be buying one of the MIRA safety CM-6M. The filters hold for along time and everything seems to be top notch. Well thought out and worth the investment if you have a need for something of the caliber.

The mask you are looking at a question how the field of view is, and only having a single filter should you need to do a filter change "in the field" would suck holding your breath to unscrew that off and then screw another one on. I don't have a clue as to how long it would take to do that but doing it while holding my breath just seems to be a hard no for me. Also doesn't seem to have the more modern vocal amplifiers, which would make comms much easier. Also say for collection only, which is probably just to CYA. But for 1/4 of the price that is all something to balance with your families needs and abilities.
    Vox Populi!

It's not that hard. Most surplus gas mask are good to go. The Czech om10 is a awesome low budget mask. The us msa is even better. I got my msa's for my family from a local fire Dept sale. $30 each. There 350$ to the gov.

There are lots of gas masks. What are you looking for. All around or something general. I have seen some of the different gas masks. They are cheaper the more you buy in general. Might look at doing a bigger buy and do it online here. If you can find ones that would make everyone happy to buy....

Sportsmansguide

https://www.grainger.com/category/sa...tion/gas-masks

Here are a number of masks and different types. Different prices as well. Just depends on what it is you want.

High Iím new. I wouldnít buy a surplus mask from sportsman guide . Something like that you want new.
    There are places that sell gas mask that are certified good. Also one place I would recommend is prepper store in Canada . The guy that owns and runs the place also has a YouTube channel. I would check out what he has . If you get to talk to him by phone or email . Iím sure he would be able to help you pick the type of mask that would suit you and your family.
    The name of the place is Canadian preparedness. I not sure how to do links or I would give you his link to the store.
    With that said you will need more than a mask. You will need a hazard suit . Also if itís bad enough that you need a full gas mask and chemical suit . You will need extra filters . Also how do you plan to decontaminate? Haveing all the protective gear is all but useless . If you donít decontaminate . What ever you decide talk to someone that has experience with this kind of equipment . Explain what you are wanting . Are you wanting protection from just viruses. Or are you wanting to have a gas mask and equipment to cover all you know nuclear,chemical, biological.
    The guy on Canadian preparedness should be able to help. What he canít explain Iím sure he can point you to someone who does .
    When I get some home repairs and general get ready for winter and get some other equipment. Iím calling him to see what he recommends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk