Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New sleeping bagggggg errr blanket snugpak jungle blanket

Default New sleeping bagggggg errr blanket snugpak jungle blanket

Ordered a few Amazon things. I decided to update my bug out bag Abit. The winter usgi sleep system can be shed for something lighter and smaller. Yeahhhhy. I must say the usgi sleep system is nice... If your not 6'1 185. It is just not roomy and I hate mummy style bags. So I ordered the snugpak jungle blanket for summer. It's a 70x90 body heat reflective water proof blanket. Packs down very small. Tried it last night out back on a little field camp out. It got down to 46 deg and I was pretty warm. I also ordered but had not received a snugpak basecamp ops sleeping bag. It's a more roomy rectangle shape than the mummy style. We shall see. Anyway after 1 night I feel the blanket works well. For how thin it is I was sceptical. But science is an amazing thing

Reflective blankets can be used to hide body heat from flir systems.....an added bonus if needed.

It's Not a mylar survival blanket . I may have my buddy break out his thermal and try with this jungle blanky..good point.. it would be worth knowing if it performs. A few tarps above you to divide the air / heat will work as well.

I picked off different videos of pack in hunters that all recommend carrying at least one if not two Mylar blankets so a staple in my bag, for sure.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I don't fit the standard bag either. I ordered from wiggies and got a more custom bag. I told the owner my dementions and what level I wanted. I got a good price due to it being summer and slow season he was doing a deal. Western is another good company.

Fibrotex makes suits to defeat thermal.

I'll check them out. It's funny. I get alot of flak for wanting to keep a sleeping bag in my Bob from internet warriors. I say you have never felt what it's like to almost freeze to death...lol that sucks. I might just be a baby about it. But I know my outdoor routine. Since I was a 8yo kid it's been in play. I like minor comforts.

I hear you on that one Sir. I use to camp all the time. Winter or summer. I have frozen and burned up and sweated my balls off. I can assure you, during hunting season and winter season having a ground cover and foam mat and real sleeping bag is the key to comfort. Good camp stove for hot drinks...Those two things make life so much better....I can see the need for minimalist camping. Very short term that might be ok. Long term screw that!! I use my bag all the time. I might only throw it down and sleep on it. That darn things stays in my bag. I will throw it onto a bed for work. I keep a sheet in it that I might pull out. Other wise it is always there. IF I'm gonna be on the ground my big foam pad makes it....

Also got a legit camping blow up mat. It small and light. Just got my snugpak Basecamp ops bag today. Gotta try t out. It's about 2x bigger in the stuff sack than the jungle blanket. Guess I'll try it out this weekend.

How did things work out? We wanna hear about your stuff. Did it work out the way you wanted. Anything that could be better?

Have not used the basecamp ops bag yet. I climbed inside it and it's nice and roomy. Nice zippers and material. I put it in my b.o.b and might try it out tonight. But it's cold. 38 and rain tonight.....undecided if I want set up my stuff and clean it up in the pouring freezing rain.