Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splinter care????

Default Splinter care????

Well I get splinters all the time. But this one hurts...lol
    Was doing some yard work yesterday noticed a slight pain in my left foot. Had one of those big tree thorns sticking out the top of my shoe. pulled it out. Doesn't hurt much. Kept plugging along. Cut the grass yata yata. Went inside and took a look at it lb hard to reach top of tiny toe. So had the wife get he rest out with tweezers. Couple hours later t was swollen and red. I got a needle in here to see if anymore was in the hole . It some tiny pieces out. But think it's clean. Cleaned with peroxide and rubbing alcohol lb put Neosporin on it. Few questions. How long till swelling should go down? At what point should I worry it's going septic if it does. I want to avoid hospital for something this small. Especially since covid is abound.

One thing, keep an eye out for red streaks running up your foot and leg. See a Dr ASAP if you do.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Seems like it's getting better. I can walk and the swelling is going down. I started some amoxicillin cause I know it's infected. But I feel the pain and swelling are going down

I was reading slot of tree and bush thorns had a sort of fungus on hem that can give you a bacterial infection with cn lead to sepsis. Web MD is pretty great...lol

For sure soak those in Epsom salt when we get them. Down in South Texas, everything bites, sticks, or stings you.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Epsom salts is good for a multitude of ailments
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Some of the trees with thorns have an acid on them that is very irritant. Here is an example. https://homeguides.sfgate.com/danger...ree-59377.html
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Now you scared me. It was a hawthorn tree I beleive

What don't kill you just makes you tougher. Besides it's in your foot, too far from your heart to kill you.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Hahaha.. good logic flock. Went to urgent care today. They gave me some different antibiotics and Prednisone or something like that to stop the swelling. Going back tomorrow for an x-ray. But I worked all day and can almost run again.almost..?more of a drugged zombie mehhead stumble