Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walmart limiting shoppers

Default walmart limiting shoppers

going the rout of costco which only allows 150 people in the store at any one time
    starting today walmart will limit to 20% of store capacity
    this will hurt small towns where chinamart drove out all the mom and pops years ago

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsro...ial-distancing

I was in a Wally World yesterday that was doing this. My wife needed some supplies for making masks and all of the craft stores are closed. We are going to be buying some fitted sheets on our next trip so she can remove the elastic from them and use the sheet material for the masks.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Noticed in Food Lion and also Wally World...that flour is in short supply or non existant...only corn meal on the shelves.

Seems that with bread disappearing as fast as TP..people must be going back to making their own.

Will be getting some corn meal today to prepare some fish.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Target has also announced they will be doing the same...locally here a major grocery chain has been doing this too.
    I agree with the social distancing aspect, but this could also be a veiled way of rationing which means that supply chains are starting to break down, and I'm not referring to toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by CENTEXDUDE View Post
    Target has also announced they will be doing the same...locally here a major grocery chain has been doing this too.
    I agree with the social distancing aspect, but this could also be a veiled way of rationing which means that supply chains are starting to break down, and I'm not referring to toilet paper.
    All signs and info Iím finding on this say that you are correct.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

this could also be a veiled way of rationing which means that supply chains are starting to break down
    All signs and info Iím finding on this say that you are correct.
    I agree, sure looks that way to me also

Agreed to some extent. However, I just got back from our CoOp. They are doing 1 out 1 in as well. They seemed as well stocked as ever. Plenty of plants and seed. It is possible this is just to limit contact. However with all the containers not moving the supply chain has to be dwindling down.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Trying to stay out of Wally World as much as I can...,

Been hearing from people I know that some are so careless as to wear gloves and then remove them ..only to drop them in the parking lot as they do so much of their trash...disgusting...even in good times. Two legged wildlife....Ishmaelites.

Not staying away for those reasons...but Too many people go to Wally World to suit me in this town. I never was a crowd person.....

Been going to the local Food Lion at selected times. Get my stuff and get out.

Bread was available today....some flour..but bought corn meal to fix some sea trout....that was some good eating with Succotash..lemonade.

Now enjoying a cup of coffee with some lemon cake..

Did not bother to check on Toilet Paper at Food Lion.

Wore gloves and face mask....doffed gloves as I was taught in reactor work....inverting..them carefully into each other...also mask was removed similar...inverted plastic bag technique...washed hands and face..wiped down purchases.

To my surprise Food lion has installed large plastic glass/plexi glass shields in front of their cashiers...and bags over the credit/debit card machines. Can't say as I blame them. That is what happens when one does not get out much. People have often told me I need to get out more...ironic in todays conditions.

Again...trying to stay away from Wally World as much as possible. Expecting two legged wildlife to begin acting up soon enough..by entitlement beliefs..

Will gas up when needed as before...early in the AM...less traffic. Go about well heeled..as I have been doing for years.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

Don't think I've been to Walmart all year. I have no reason to go. I did do a drive through of their parking lot a few weeks ago to look at their fruit trees decided I'll find them elsewhere.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Any of you been hearing about shoppers being attacked in the parking lots and or their purchases being stolen..by two legged wildlife...??

Been hearing a couple of stories around here...even of people removing stuff from others carts while in the stores...

That is the one which concerns me...the "Entitlement Minded Two legged wildlife." Ishmaelites..

My Non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom