Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the Coronavirus ushering in a Great Depression 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by finris View Post
    I agree Sir. That being said. Most folks can't think outside the box. I have already seen plenty of folks who are addicted to they're drugs. I have seen multiples of people having issues over fifty and under thirty with withdrawal symptoms.... They will not survive long without the current status quo...
    Pity of it is, finris, you are absolutely correct. Its simply appalling is about all I can think of to say.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I agree. Except the Fed has one thing they will do yet - -destroy the US dollar. Then Americans will see hardships like never before in our history. The number of dead will be impossible to count and likely include all of us on this forum.
    Ever had a frog biscuit? How about grilled goat ribs? Did you know carp tastes like canned salmon when fried up like salmon patties can't tell the difference? Money is only for comfort....
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Ever had a frog biscuit? How about grilled goat ribs? Did you know carp tastes like canned salmon when fried up like salmon patties can't tell the difference? Money is only for comfort....
    Reckon we might be returning to being hunter/gatherers?

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Reckon we might be returning to being hunter/gatherers?
    Been doing that all my life .

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Been doing that all my life .
    Yeah, I know a "little" about it myself. Would take too long to list all the things available from the wild that provides excellent subsistence. Even Kudzu...that "cursed" vine that over grows everything around...the entire plant is edible and highly nourishing. Google "kudzu recipes" and check it out.

About ten years ago I started, well, getting back to my roots you might say. We started gardening again something we had stopped doing for several years. I started really foraging again. I have always been a hunter and have hunted in several states. About that time is when we started really stocking LTS food, keeping extra cash at home and in our pockets. Stockpiling extra ammo and instead of the old guns I love I bought some modern guns that were not designed for just hunting. Then three years ago we moved to the middle of nowhere(literally). There are way more elk than people around us. The county we live in is about 1-1/2 times the size of the state of Vermont. We are over 200 miles from anyplace that has a real airport and it is 100 miles to a 4-lane highway. Besides grid power we have a generator to run everything and now I am in the process of installing the solar system on the house. If anything ever does happen our two very capable sons will move in here with us.
    We are prepared for most things. But I am a realist. Even here violence could visit us. I have been and still am armed every time I step out the door. But I know my chances for survival, while better than many does not make me a superman. I can die just like everyone. And so it is with everyone, whether they ever admit it to themselves or not.

I had to chat at a Co worker about her husband grilling the chicken breasts way over done....She was gonna throw them away. I'm like negative ghost rider. I put them in a pan of water and we boiled those things until we could pull them apart with a fork and had tacos!!!! She always talks about being "poor" growing up in S. Georgia. I have never seen a poor person throw away food. Like burning the beans and how to fix it. "crap" happens and you gotta know how to fix it.

Any other tips you guys know like above. I would love to hear them.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Wow Highwall.... hopefully you don't live alone. On the grid, in the middle of nowhere (with all the backup and internet), my head is spinning with jealousy.

I'm a cold weather person, so don't worry
    =
    Make America under God Again
    *Putting*America*Back*Together*

I'm going to fight and live until I don't.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

if you scorch scrambled eggs, just add brown sugar and let it sit for about 30 minuted to cool, then cook the sugar down. It will pull the scorch out and you have sweet egg sandwich makings. Adding bacon crumbles really makes it taste awesome.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!