Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is the Coronavirus ushering in a Great Depression 2.0?

Default Is the Coronavirus ushering in a Great Depression 2.0?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=niyQ4yg1_FQ

This is a long video folks, about 47 minutes. Chris Martinson goes over our financial system, what occurred in 2008, and how instead of learning from their mistakes big banks and Wall Street doubled down. So brace yourself if you havenít already for the Great Depression version 2.0 cause itís coming.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Don't have time to watch the video right now, but my thoughts are this........the '08 crash was caused (primarily) by the Real Estate market being over-extended. This crash is different IMHO. Some of this may be wishful thinking but I believe this will get worse for a month or so and then slowly, very slowly recover. Maybe takes til next spring to get back to 'normal'.....?

But I could be wrong, I was wrong once before......

I'm sort of in a wait and see mode right now. This thing could go either way, we just don't know at this point. I do know that anyone hoping for the best and not making any sort of preps for the long haul could be in deep kimchi. And the rest of us may be forced into a position to having to defend what we have from desperate people. Time could come when some hard decisions are going to have to be made as to how much help we are able to give, or even if we are going to help at all. I just know for certain that as long as I'm living my family is not going to go lacking because those who never did anything for themselves except party and live the "high life" suddenly think it is my responsibility to share everything I have with them.

Yep, you and I are one in the same, ideally. I'm in this for me and mine, not they and them. They could give a rats ass about me when desperation sets in, and I have no problem sleeping at night with a clear conscience, and I have no problem saying NO, WITH THE GEAR AND SKILLS TO BACK IT UP!
    I'm a god fearing woman but I will not be used or abused and I truly beleive God didn't intend me to be. If I'm wrong then I only have myself to blame and only I will pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I'm sort of in a wait and see mode right now. This thing could go either way, we just don't know at this point. I do know that anyone hoping for the best and not making any sort of preps for the long haul could be in deep kimchi. And the rest of us may be forced into a position to having to defend what we have from desperate people. Time could come when some hard decisions are going to have to be made as to how much help we are able to give, or even if we are going to help at all. I just know for certain that as long as I'm living my family is not going to go lacking because those who never did anything for themselves except party and live the "high life" suddenly think it is my responsibility to share everything I have with them.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I think we are heading into a deep depression. The Federal Reserve thinks we might hit an unemployment rate of over 30% which would be as bad or worse than the Great Depression.
    Only time will answer the question of what the future will bring. But I know what I think and I am adding o my preps as fast as I can though I sure hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I think we are heading into a deep depression. The Federal Reserve thinks we might hit an unemployment rate of over 30% which would be as bad or worse than the Great Depression.
    Only time will answer the question of what the future will bring. But I know what I think and I am adding o my preps as fast as I can though I sure hope I am wrong.

The Federal Reserve is in it's last days. They are a non-factor at this point in time. They are done .

I tend to agree with both, you and hiwall. This is getting real, real fast...
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    The Federal Reserve is in it's last days. They are a non-factor at this point in time. They are done .
    I agree. Except the Fed has one thing they will do yet - -destroy the US dollar. Then Americans will see hardships like never before in our history. The number of dead will be impossible to count and likely include all of us on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    I agree. Except the Fed has one thing they will do yet - -destroy the US dollar. Then Americans will see hardships like never before in our history. The number of dead will be impossible to count and likely include all of us on this forum.
    Uh...you'll pardon me if I disagree, PROFOUNDLY, with your last sentence. Sometimes the greatest determinate as to whether one will survive dire circumstances is simply one's will and determination to live. Think outside the box. You might surprise yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Uh...you'll pardon me if I disagree, PROFOUNDLY, with your last sentence. Sometimes the greatest determinate as to whether one will survive dire circumstances is simply one's will and determination to live. Think outside the box. You might surprise yourself.
    I agree Sir. That being said. Most folks can't think outside the box. I have already seen plenty of folks who are addicted to they're drugs. I have seen multiples of people having issues over fifty and under thirty with withdrawal symptoms.... They will not survive long without the current status quo...