Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cities are screwed

Default cities are screwed

Here's a pic of the NYC subway last night.
    I bet it would look the same on any big city metro
    The poor people are going to go to work regardless of the risk
    Either work & earn money for food - or stave, pretty tough choice
    The quarantine and "stay home" orders are meaningless unless they shut down all mass transit
    but then the little people would get out the pitchforks and head for the rich people's neighborhoods (which they eventually will anyway)

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/12...432704/photo/1

I sure worry about my kids in San Antonio. I keep them relatively prepped and armed with instructions to go to Texan II house which is about halfway to ranch. He knows enough LEO down there I think to get them safe passage on to ranch. Or they can come here. Wish we had a better method to communicate to determine which direction to go.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Small town Ohio ftw....lol

same here kinchip

one son w family in Austin
    another w family in N. Chicago
    another w family in St. Petersburg, FL

I offered to come get all them a month ago, but of course they thought i was crazy

Same, Kid 3200 miles away in the PNW. Laying out a possible evac to family in BF AZ

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

I have one son, about 10 feet away, totally stressing me out.... What is better ?
    =
    Make America under God Again
    *Putting*America*Back*Together*

I've got a sister stuck in NYC, the other one was able to escape CA. I've been sending her masks, cloth wipes and vitamins.

i am about 40 miles away from a major US city. I am not terribly worried around my parts as we are now pretty out of the way. So as we are getting into the first grow season in the new house around my parts I started putting my grow beds together, my brother in law asked me if i was planning on becoming a farmer now that people are freaking out about food in a super derogatory way. My response was yea i sold my house two years ago and lived in a RV for 18 months with two small kids and 4 animals because I knew this was coming and was freaking out and panicking. People shut off their brains when it comes to this stuff. Fight, flight, or freeze, and i think most freeze. I have had people in my own circle who are "preppers" who have just shut down. I mean like full on can't get out of bed and crys when people talk about it around them, and it really isn't even bad around my parts yet. The wife and I are just keeping our heads down and pushing forward. Bulking our pantry to supplement what is/may be available in the coming months. We both still have to work tho which sucks. I wish I could just stay home but sadly bills are still rolling in.
    Vox Populi!

I live a few miles outside of Waco. Right now all is good but that might change. We are trying to move towards the San Antonio area(a ways outside of San Antonio anyway). We are just waiting on a phone call to see if my wife got a job or not. Luckily our daughter is not of school age yet so all of this is not adversely effecting her.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by porkingporkpork View Post
    i am about 40 miles away from a major US city. I am not terribly worried around my parts as we are now pretty out of the way. So as we are getting into the first grow season in the new house around my parts I started putting my grow beds together, my brother in law asked me if i was planning on becoming a farmer now that people are freaking out about food in a super derogatory way. My response was yea i sold my house two years ago and lived in a RV for 18 months with two small kids and 4 animals because I knew this was coming and was freaking out and panicking. People shut off their brains when it comes to this stuff. Fight, flight, or freeze, and i think most freeze. I have had people in my own circle who are "preppers" who have just shut down. I mean like full on can't get out of bed and crys when people talk about it around them, and it really isn't even bad around my parts yet. The wife and I are just keeping our heads down and pushing forward. Bulking our pantry to supplement what is/may be available in the coming months. We both still have to work tho which sucks. I wish I could just stay home but sadly bills are still rolling in.
    I just planted (corn, green beans, squash, maters, okra, bell peppers and cucumber last week.... I didn't get new taters planted this yr ( I was working in SC)....
    Live Free or Die