Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VA. Governor supposed to make a speech today...

Default VA. Governor supposed to make a speech today...

Was just told that the Virginia Governor is going to make a statement at 2 PM EST today.

Getting ready for the next herding step. Statewide.

Was going to go out to get a few things shortly but will put it off for awhile..

North Carolina is going on lockdown or home isolation at 5 pm today.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Yup...lockdown like many other states...

Too many people were going to the beaches and not paying attention...to conditions.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Yup...lockdown like many other states...

Too many people were going to the beaches and not paying attention...to conditions.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Yep! Stupid is also a pandemic. Has been for some time.

I don't have a problem with folks going to beaches. I live on lake. In retrospect, spring break happened about 3 weeks ago. During SB, many schools and spring sports either extended break or closed indefinitely. Some of these families are still here at lake. Why not, where else you going to go. You been in same house for three or four weeks together. What possible difference does it make if they go out in boat? Is it just to socially equal or fair for those that do not have a boat or choose not to be out, for others to be out in boats?

Or at beach?

Jackass county judge criticized those in boats yesterday. I'm guessing we should not enjoy ourselves in any way if others can not.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Maybe what is going on is that not all Spring break happens at the same time? I dunno. Up North, I think their Spring break could be later than ours Chip, because it's colder up there than down here at the same time. Of course I'm just guessing.

Either way, the idea is to keep people from gathering.. I'm thinking vendors, lines, people not in the same group still have a tendency to get physically close to one another... Like I said, I don't know but it sounds like what I'm thinking could be the reason.

What do you think?
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

LOL LOL KINGCHIP......I'll be nice...concerning Ishmaelites.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

No I wont....

I know what you mean KINGCHIP...no one should be denied fun...fun stuff.....

So when the SHTF really hits the fan....we who prepared should not be denying those who have not prepared access to our stuff/boat/ark and for which we prepared at great thought, consideration, and even risk..so that others can have access to it for free and go right back to having fun.!!! You know...like the unicorns..

Those who want to have fun...should always be able to hold those busy in other ways....hostage and in peril...to their requirements to have fun.

That's why children do so well in leadership/management positions...our future leaders...see AOC.....especially if they are High Maintenance and believe themselves entitled to fun stuff...over anyone and anything else.

We see a lot of them now days...in Hollywood, New York and Washington DC...they think they know better than the rest of us what we should be doing with our time and monies. The rest of us are flyover country...they are busy having fun.

I just had this talk with a person who mostly had fun....suddenly they needed ammo. .223 and the stores ran low. I prepared them ..a relative...a small container of .223 as they knew I reloaded .223 and other calibrations.

I told them they should have prepared long ago but were busy having fun stuff....partying...going to the beach at Nags Head..drinking, dating ...etc etc...no more ammo will be forthcoming. Don't ask for anymore....and start pulling their head out of their fun stuff.

As I said...my nightmare is to be stuck on a Desert Island with four hundred people who only know how to text.... have fun.....and whine..when life turns out to be different than television and or movies.

Olde Timer...

Yep! Stupid is also a pandemic. Has been for some time.
    Yup .sure enough!! For a long time now there has been no law against stupidity or being stupid. That may be changing.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-30-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Jackass county judge criticized those in boats yesterday. I'm guessing we should not enjoy ourselves in any way if others can not.
    I still think we need a like button...
    777 FGG

Quote Originally Posted by TripSeven View Post
    I still think we need a like button...
    I concur.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    No I wont....

I know what you mean KINGCHIP...no one should be denied fun...fun stuff.....

So when the SHTF really hits the fan....we who prepared should not be denying those who have not prepared access to our stuff/boat/ark and for which we prepared at great thought, consideration, and even risk..so that others can have access to it for free and go right back to having fun.!!! You know...like the unicorns..

Those who want to have fun...should always be able to hold those busy in other ways....hostage and in peril...to their requirements to have fun.

That's why children do so well in leadership/management positions...our future leaders...see AOC.....especially if they are High Maintenance and believe themselves entitled to fun stuff...over anyone and anything else.

We see a lot of them now days...in Hollywood, New York and Washington DC...they think they know better than the rest of us what we should be doing with our time and monies. The rest of us are flyover country...they are busy having fun.

I just had this talk with a person who mostly had fun....suddenly they needed ammo. .223 and the stores ran low. I prepared them ..a relative...a small container of .223 as they knew I reloaded .223 and other calibrations.

I told them they should have prepared long ago but were busy having fun stuff....partying...going to the beach at Nags Head..drinking, dating ...etc etc...no more ammo will be forthcoming. Don't ask for anymore....and start pulling their head out of their fun stuff.

As I said...my nightmare is to be stuck on a Desert Island with four hundred people who only know how to text.... have fun.....and whine..when life turns out to be different than television and or movies.

Olde Timer...

Yup .sure enough!! For a long time now there has been no law against stupidity or being stupid. That may be changing.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom
    Heartily agree, Tom. Only two cures for that kind of stupid...napalm and/or cluster bombs.