Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I didn't foresee this

I'm not concerned for myself. I'm set and have been for years. We have a whole lot of elderly here that can't get out and about like some of us can. They rely on local resources and it's being taken away from them out of greed.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

A group in Maine is tracking who is traveling up Interstate 95 into the northern part of the state in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.

Members of Down East Emergency Medicine Institute are counting the license plates of folks driving north on I-95 past the Kelly Road every day at around 4:45 p.m.

“We’re seeing large increases in the populations of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and one particular day before New York was locked down, we saw a large surge of people who came out of New York,” DEEMI Executive Director Richard Bowie said Wednesday. “This is concerning to us because of the infected folk that are coming from New York City that have been infected that are then traveling up here to find someplace of respite up in the woods.”

He added, “We’re seeing, you know, RVs, and campers and people’s cars loaded with camping gear.
    https://foxbangor.com/news/item/deem...tors-to-maine/

Gov. Ron DeSantis is ordering that checkpoints be installed along Florida's roads to account for traveling drivers and has also suspended all new vacation rentals in Florida for the next 14 days.

“There’ll probably be a diversion for folks with certain license plates,” DeSantis said. He didn't give specifics as to where the checkpoints will be installed.

DeSantis' most controversial decision came this week, when he issued an executive order requiring anyone coming into Florida from the greater New York area — which has seen the nation's biggest virus spike — to self-isolate for 14 days. Florida officials have said people in the state who've contracted the virus recently traveled elsewhere or had contact with others who had
    https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news...oints-on-roads