Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uncanny!

Default uncanny!

I've just recently read two books of a trilogy by Nora Roberts in which the story line is so very similar to this Covid-19 virus. Book one, titled Year One, opens up with a group of men from a family hunting somewhere in New England. One of them shoots a bird when it flushed and it falls into a small circle of stones inside which the earth is charred black from where things were burned sometime in the past. The blood of the bird activates a very deadly virus, a curse, that infects the people in that family who are vacationing at that location. When they return to their homes they carry the virus which starts to infect others in the towns where they live. It spreads rapidly, engulfing pretty much the globe as people travel internationality and nationally. The virus is 100% fatal for anyone who contracts it, killing within a coupe of weeks. Its a very entertaining read, fiction of course. In the story there are some who are immune to the virus, and the Army is trying to round them up and send them to "research labs" to determine why they are immune. People are resisting, heading for the Hills, to get away from being rounded up. Its really a story of good versus evil. As I said, its very good fiction, but I find it ironic, almost prophetic, in the way the virus in the story operates very much akin to the way this Covid-19 virus does. For anyone interested, the three books are...in order...Year One, Of Blood and Bones, and The Rise Of Magicks. Nora Roberts is the author. Its almost as if she subconsciously knew something in advance, and this story is a harbinger of what was to come. Almost makes your hair stand up on end.
    Last edited by beowulf; 03-22-2020 at 10:04 AM.

LOL, NO THANKS BUDDY!

Good lord, we are living it. Don't need anything to stand my hair on end, any more than it already is. Before this plague took place, I would have been ready to read them. Not so much now...
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    LOL, NO THANKS BUDDY!

Good lord, we are living it. Don't need anything to stand my hair on end, any more than it already is. Before this plague took place, I would have been ready to read them. Not so much now...
    I've been "preaching" for years that something like this was coming somewhere in the future. (Turns out that future is now). People looked at me like I had lost all sense of reality. Well, this thing has come up behind us and kicked us, as a nation, right square in the a$$...HARD...and we're paying for our stupidity and denial. I just simply shake my head. And for those who are criticizing the President, they need to understand that we are in uncharted waters here. None of us knows what's around the next bend in the river. Is it smooth sailing or class five rapids? We just don't know. If the media, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden or Sanders...and anyone else of that slimy ilk, don't have something positive to add to our effort to beat this thing, they need to shut their septic tank mouths...stop politicizing this for selfish gain...and get on the band wagon, the team, trying to put this thing to bed. But, then, I guess a$$holes are just destined to be a$$holes, and nothing else.

if you are going to read anything halfway pandemic reality - Jakarta Pandemic and Steve Konkoly's follow up books ....

there's some actually well thought out prepper mentality in there ...

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    if you are going to read anything halfway pandemic reality - Jakarta Pandemic and Steve Konkoly's follow up books ....

Thanks, IW. I'll definitely have to check this out.

....I watched my DVD of "THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN" Friday night ......

PC and liberal agenda media has promoted the open borders for many years and fought and criticized any thoughts of nationalism. This could be the reset that we needed.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I've been "preaching" for years that something like this was coming somewhere in the future. (Turns out that future is now). People looked at me like I had lost all sense of reality. Well, this thing has come up behind us and kicked us, as a nation, right square in the a$$...HARD...and we're paying for our stupidity and denial. I just simply shake my head. And for those who are criticizing the President, they need to understand that we are in uncharted waters here. None of us knows what's around the next bend in the river. Is it smooth sailing or class five rapids? We just don't know. If the media, Pelosi, Schumer, Biden or Sanders...and anyone else of that slimy ilk, don't have something positive to add to our effort to beat this thing, they need to shut their septic tank mouths...stop politicizing this for selfish gain...and get on the band wagon, the team, trying to put this thing to bed. But, then, I guess a$$holes are just destined to be a$$holes, and nothing else.

Yep politicians . news people and internet sensations all proclaim to know how to handle this . But I guarantee if they were the Boss that that they'd piss themselves from the mental power and strategy it would take to steer this out break. People talk **** until you say okay you're in charge and all of a sudden they don't want the job .

One should not let your lion mouth overload your paper asshole . Just sayin'

Run Low Drive On

Quote Originally Posted by eagle326 View Post
    Yep politicians . news people and internet sensations all proclaim to know how to handle this . But I guarantee if they were the Boss that that they'd piss themselves from the mental power and strategy it would take to steer this out break. People talk **** until you say okay you're in charge and all of a sudden they don't want the job .

One should not let your lion mouth overload your paper asshole . Just sayin'

Run Low Drive On
    Absolutely, Eagle. Most of these idiots damn sure wouldn't be Non Commissioned Officer material. And I don't mean a "sergeant" at whatever paygrade, but REAL Non Commissioned Officers. There is a vast difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post

That is a very good series. The author did a ton of research into pandemic's before writing these. I highly recommend them.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13