Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Had to snicker... Burt from tremors

liberal rumor being spread to the gullible & naive preppers >>> the US GOV is coming for your supplies - "It was said today at the WH Press Conference"

NO IT WASN'T !!!!!!

the GOV is getting calls from brokers SUPPOSEDLY sitting on MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of masks, gloves, gowns, swabs, ect ect ect >> willing to sell at 1,000% markups & more ...

they have been told - told again today >>> set a current market price and put them up for competitive sale on the market >> OR ELSE !!!!

nothing to do with your 100 n99s >>>
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 03-23-2020 at 07:22 AM.

Yup. ****s gonna go crazy. The problem is u ncle Intel. All sorts of bs uncle Intel.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    This thing is coming in fast and in slow motion at the same time......... It is for me anyway; I haven't been caught with my pants down or anything it's more like knowing what is coming and a good idea what to expect and just waiting for it that's the slow part. Seeing the writing on the wall and seeing the sheep when it finally smacks them in the face and how quick they breakdown when it's been brewing and obvious, that's what I think is hitting so fast. Like the TP shortage I always ha ha'd the prepper jokes but never really expected it like it happened.

Another thing while we're on the subject...... This isn't really an apocalypse, presumably things will go back to pretty normal in a couple of months (We hope) this is a different kind of situation, it's not a localized disaster where help and normalcy just down the road, it's not a nationwide lights out event with a total loss of gov, law, and order. (yet) It's a whole country is freaking out over catching a cold, businesses shutting their doors either by the request of local gov or voluntarily and every stinking person with a different opinion arguing about the best way to handle the situation. We still have bills to pay and everything is mostly still good so a dozen eggs and an ounce of silver ain't worth much. Being completely honest here, this particular situation never really crossed my mind.
    A lot of this resonates with me. Slow and fast, at the same time.

No mistake, I didn't let the doom grow under my feet when the virus first started garnering attention over the situation in Wuhan. I got my finances squared away, and did all the prepping I needed well ahead of the masses. But there were some missed opportunities as well.

I had a stock of N95 masks which I had acquired during the Avian Flu concerns way back when. In my mind, they were still there... but in actuality quite a few of them had gotten used for various needs over the years, and I ended up having half what I thought I had. By the time I realized this, stock in the stores was getting thin. I grabbed a few (half what was on the shelf) and made a mental note to come back in a week or so when they'd had a chance to restock. Guess what, they've been out of stock ever since everywhere I've looked. So while we're not without, we're not as deeply stocked as I would like.

I have some new gun magazines that have never been range tested and even one new gun fitting that description. It never occurred to me they'd be able to close down the gun ranges, especially this fast. Definitely an oversight on my part and a missed opportunity.

Over all, we've been lucky and have benefited from foresight and planning. But no plan survives first contact with the enemy. In any real-world situation you will need to assess, re-orient, adapt and improvise solutions on the fly. And trust a certain amount to luck, the fates, and the Good Lord above.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

We've got a very similar story Bruss. I had just organized our finances just before New Years. Moved the 401 almost entirely into Money Market funds, 85% worth. When the SHTF in China and talk started of it making it's way here I made a big run to SAMS to stock up on a lot of stuff. No crowds, mostly got everything I went for. I found a box of mask at TSC, but was late to the game for those. 1 box is all I have. Placed orders for freeze dried food with Honeyville and Auguston Farms. Honeyville turned around quick, Auguston hasn't showed up yet. I've also ordered a good load of stuff from Amazon, the last of that showed up today.
    I still don't have any Tyvek suits, not enough mask, probly don't have enough tea bags. But for the most part I think we are in decent shape overall. Foodwise for sure. I can't say how happy I am we decided years ago to keep our eyes open on things around the world and try to act accordingly. It pays off.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    We've got a very similar story Bruss. I had just organized our finances just before New Years. Moved the 401 almost entirely into Money Market funds, 85% worth. When the SHTF in China and talk started of it making it's way here I made a big run to SAMS to stock up on a lot of stuff. No crowds, mostly got everything I went for. I found a box of mask at TSC, but was late to the game for those. 1 box is all I have. Placed orders for freeze dried food with Honeyville and Auguston Farms. Honeyville turned around quick, Auguston hasn't showed up yet. I've also ordered a good load of stuff from Amazon, the last of that showed up today.
    I still don't have any Tyvek suits, not enough mask, probly don't have enough tea bags. But for the most part I think we are in decent shape overall. Foodwise for sure. I can't say how happy I am we decided years ago to keep our eyes open on things around the world and try to act accordingly. It pays off.
    Went to wallyworld today, couldn't find tea bags either, but did find loose tea......might consider it that way, some is better than none.

Loose tea is good, sometimes even pick various flavors.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13