Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had to snicker... Burt from tremors

Default Had to snicker... Burt from tremors

Got to thinking last night. The rant Burt said in tremors. We had supplies, food for years, yata yatta. Giant worms..... Man I never expected a pandemic. We had stuff for it. But had to modify our plans Abit. To, who would have thought that would sell out. Anyway. I just dident think in 2020 the medical system would be so hindered by a flu bug.
    Last edited by driftz240; 03-21-2020 at 11:06 AM.

don't know where you've been and been reading about pandemic prepping >>>> absolutly none of this is either new or unexpected - IN FACT preppers always talked in terms of an even much more severe killer pandemic ...

Covid-19 is a new virus. BUT, every year brings a new virus and the CDC tries to prepare a vaccine for it, and they usually do an acceptable job, but sometimes they flub it. This caught us a bit off guard, because the Chinese lied about it, for one thing, and I think the Genesis of it might not be the same.
    Also, it's being hyped by the politicians. And other malignant jackasses.

While it may not be possible to prepare for everything, things like this, really ought not be painfully difficult.

What worked well for me; keeping in mind what disappears first at the store during snowstorms, hurricanes, earthquakes, and other fairly common natural problems.

That's what preppers do, prep for the 'unexpected'. Things you personally wouldn't expect but prep for just the same, along with any other possibilities.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

The generic prepper advice is prep for a zombie apocalypse... even though it'll never happen... because if you're ready for that, you're covered for 90% of what's possible.

That last 10% is where specialized preps come into play.

Love Burt btw, patron saint of preppers everywhere.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

I mean. I prepped for it. I got alcohol, cleaning stuff , mask, and ppe. But figured the economy would tank hard or super valcano was more likely in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Got to thinking last night. The rant Burt said in tremors. We had supplies, food for years, yata yatta. Giant worms..... Man I never expected a pandemic. We had stuff for it. But had to modify our plans Abit. To, who would have thought that would sell out. Anyway. I just dident think in 2020 the medical system would be so hindered by a flu bug.
    Don't prep for a specific event. All-hazards planning....
    Good medicine in bad places

I basically prepped for all things. So my preps are tight. But did run out 3 weeks ago and bought lots of immune boosters.

Biggest problem I face is split caches. Got some here at house, and the rest at ranch. I miss the old days when I went to ranch and bought a flat each of potatoes, carrots, green beans. Now they limit you to a few cans of each. I do have 2 24 packs of tp at both caches.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

This thing is coming in fast and in slow motion at the same time......... It is for me anyway; I haven't been caught with my pants down or anything it's more like knowing what is coming and a good idea what to expect and just waiting for it that's the slow part. Seeing the writing on the wall and seeing the sheep when it finally smacks them in the face and how quick they breakdown when it's been brewing and obvious, that's what I think is hitting so fast. Like the TP shortage I always ha ha'd the prepper jokes but never really expected it like it happened.

Another thing while we're on the subject...... This isn't really an apocalypse, presumably things will go back to pretty normal in a couple of months (We hope) this is a different kind of situation, it's not a localized disaster where help and normalcy just down the road, it's not a nationwide lights out event with a total loss of gov, law, and order. (yet) It's a whole country is freaking out over catching a cold, businesses shutting their doors either by the request of local gov or voluntarily and every stinking person with a different opinion arguing about the best way to handle the situation. We still have bills to pay and everything is mostly still good so a dozen eggs and an ounce of silver ain't worth much. Being completely honest here, this particular situation never really crossed my mind.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.