Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Made a trip out to get a few things.....3/20/20

Default Made a trip out to get a few things.....3/20/20

While I am pretty well stocked on most things I did decided to go out on the street and get a few items..

I went to BJ's wholesalers with the idea of getting some cans of Spam and also canned chicken and while there get some bread as well.

No bread..the shelves were bare.

Canned chicken was limited to two packs....and I bought two packs. May go back tomorrow and get two more.

No canned Spam available the shelves were bare.

Got some Mac and Cheese and some Garlic salt and checked out.

Stopped at the local Food Lion on the way home and got some cans of spam and a few other small items....including two of the last four loaves of bread.

Also stopped down the shopping center and to Bass Pro and decided to get a few reloading supplies.

The cupboards were bare there as well. I wanted Some 150 grain spire points in .308 and settled for two boxes of 100 count 180 grain Hornady SP interlocks in .308.

They will suffice but I usually prefer the 150 grain bullets.

Very little gunowder of any useful long gun type....but I did grab the last can of Bullseye for pistol and shotgun.

I do not need any of these items but thought I would grab and put them away....just in case.

Apparently many reloaders are on the prowl for supplies. Glad I mostly stocked up years back.

Oh...and just in case ...I stopped by the ABC store and picked up two fifths of 151 Proof Goslings Bermuda Black Rum and put them away with the other three bottles previously purchased....for emergencies of course.

I still have my 6 bottles of unopened Bacardi 151 proof rum in fifths and one pint of the same upstairs in my radio shack. Again for emergencies of course...."Break Glass in case of Emergency" and that sort of thing.

Will be on the air later tonight and hope to catch my friend out in Tennessee on HF bands and give him a status report of what I found on the street today.

Gasoline is surprisingly inexpensive and seems to have gone down in price the last week. NO complaints there but My vehicles are topped off. However I may need to fill my cans for my scooters.

Switched my carry weapon from my Ruger GP 100 in .357 Mag. in my hip pancake rig... to my S&W Model 57 in .41 Mag in an underarm rig.

Was thinking that the calm may at some point in the future break down.

Hoping this will not last long but something tells me to stay frosty as time transpires. Hoping the two legged wildlife does not go awry.

Washing my hands and face often and also keeping up with my vitamins and also colloidal silver.

Plan on staying put for now...and for awhile except for work.

Most of my traveling cross country will be via this computer or on my ham radio.

According to this gadget my temp is 97.6. Seems a bit off...not sure if I am even working it correctly.

I' m accustomed to the olde mercury type where you had to flick it over and over to get the mercury back at the bottom of the thermometer.

But....these new type thermometers seem to be much much faster in their response.

Guess I gotta get out more......no.....maybe not ...now days.

And that is todays status report....from Chesapeake Bay, Virginia.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-20-2020 at 04:35 PM.

In Oklahoma, Northeastern part.

I went to go and get a couple of steaks at the local butcher meat market. No parking, Lines outside almost. I saw folks walking out with boxes. The selection was not what it usually is. I got a couple of small things. The counter kid don't you want more????
    The kid at the check out was chatting to the customers before me. He said they had been having lines out the door all week, and this was somewhat tame now.....

I went to health food store. They have water and such some TP no big deal. They had no real fresh Vegetables. I went by and got a partial baked pizza at my favorite Lebanese Restaurant. They were happy to see me the inside was closed but were open for pick up. I got my pizza to finish baking at home. The one worker knows I work in the Health care field asked me about the situation. We chatted for a few. The latest Local who died of the Virus here was 50. They had said on the news he was healthy...I had to assure them that Most folks that are healthy have nothing to worry about, and this guy had many issues that were not being reported...

I got $1.50 gas and filled the tank back up. I wasn't really low but I like to keep things above half....I then had to go by China Mart and they had every thing. They even were restocking the fresh Vegetables. I got the couple of things else. I went home and don't have to go back to work until Sunday.

I hope you are disinfecting everything before bringing it into your home. Even mail.
    We have no reports of infection in my county but When I drive down to our mailbox, I wear latex gloves and bring the disinfectant and clean everything, including the inside of my mailbox. Then I open all my mail and pkgs at the mailbox and discard the pkg. I put everything in a bag wiped down with disinfectant inside and out before I bring up to the house. If it's washable, it gets dumped in the sink and washed immediately and dried before I take off my rubber gloves. I've limited my trip down to my rural mailbox to 3X a week. I don't want to have to go through this procedure every day.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

We did as well. Store was stocked. Except tp. Last pish. Incase we get locked down

Yes...disinfected the stash as well as my steering wheel ..door knobs, trunk latch ...car as well as house..

Pretty well set for reloading supplies but need to check with my other source way out a couple of counties over....to see what they have....just in case..

Been also washing my hands using a Scotch Brite green pad....to get down deeper. Bleach out the Scotch Brite pad...

Bought four packs of those Scotch Brite green pads and cut them in halves.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-21-2020 at 09:15 AM.

The people who clean our work uniforms had, giant tp rolls, and cleaning supplies. Alittle pricy but their normal prices. Mostly because one roll of TP was like 5 normal rolls. We got a case of the ginormous zombie apocalypse to rolls now we're good for eternity.

we are making a run early sunday am
    our local grocery store has 7 - 8 am reserved for us old farts
    taking advantage of that
    they disinfect over night so that's a plus for going then as well as overnight stocking of shelves
    making a long list

the over to Lowes for some concrete & mortar for future projects
    probably a big of lumber also

this is our last planned outing for 2-3 weeks
    gonna crawl in our hole and pull the lid in over us

About the only handgun ammo at the local Academy was 32 ACP and 45 Colt. There was some 223 and a good bit of 300 BO.

Gasoline: This week I am paying for Premium what regular was going for last week.

Walmart and HEB are full of the walking dead. You can find what you need if you go to the Dollar stores, the local Mom and Pop grocery, or some of the C-stores. May have to pay a little more but it is on the shelf.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:

I have employees meet delivery truck on back deck of DQ and spray all visible surfaces with sanitizer. Don't need it coming in back of store.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I have employees meet delivery truck on back deck of DQ and spray all visible surfaces with sanitizer. Don't need it coming in back of store.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields