Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burning three bottled Wawa.

PUR at Costco for a tap filter. Cartridges are good for 40-50 gallons and are not "cheap," but are effective. Don't run hot water through them.
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    that's not a "usual" about bottled water >> it's an always - the bottling plants are in industrial parks and hooked into someone's municipal system - nobody draws from a private well for anything like that ....

and there's very little if any filtering involved ...
    Just stumbled on this thread and have to disagree on the always part. Yes a lot of bottled water is "purified" municiple water but a lot isn't. Dasani and Aquafina are Detroit municipal water but there's been fighting for years locally over water draw by the rural plant Nestle built to bottle their "Ice Mountain" water. The last I read it was drawing 400 gallons per minute out of a local spring for the enormous price of $200 per year. I'm sure it varies state to state but the last numbers I saw for Michigan had about 1/3rd of bottlers in the state drawing off private wells.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." Tuco

Yup nestle had a plant in my AO. Shut it down a year or two ago, not sure why but it wasn't for lack of natural water.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jwag74 View Post
    the rural plant Nestle built to bottle their "Ice Mountain" water. The last I read it was drawing 400 gallons per minute out of a local spring for the enormous price of $200 per year. I'm sure it varies state to state but the last numbers I saw for Michigan had about 1/3rd of bottlers in the state drawing off private wells.
    I saw a video a few years back about Nestle bottling Michigan fresh water and selling it all to China. I cannot find that video. I did find this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIEaM0on70