Thread: Burning three bottled Wawa.

Default Burning three bottled Wawa.

Wife keeps using bottled water for everything. Burning three it way to quick. 40 cases turned into 30 quick. Going to buy some filter pitchers so she can cook with tap water and feel better about it. Any advice on make model? Walmart and Lowe's sell a few flavors. Seems to be a easy solution to clean water at home

Why are you cooking with bottle water? Just curious. What specifically stops you from using tap now? That will help narrow down the type of filters needed
    Vox Populi!

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Wife keeps using bottled water for everything. Burning three it way to quick. 40 cases turned into 30 quick. Going to buy some filter pitchers so she can cook with tap water and feel better about it. Any advice on make model? Walmart and Lowe's sell a few flavors. Seems to be a easy solution to clean water at home
    I installed this under my sink in an area that has problems with the city tap water being contaminated:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After install and flush, this system has cleaned my water up considerably. FAR easier than using the pitchers, because they take too long to filter water (for my house anyways).

And all I can say about water quality out of that system... if you boil a pot of water that came out of my RO setup, there is NO residue left in the bottom of the pot... and I mean NONE. It's taken everything we can test for out of the water. Dunno if the price point is worthwhile for you, but reverse osmosis systems are the way to go, IMO.

thats what i mean. no reason to. but cant say nothing...lol
    i got some filter pitchers. all is on track now.

You might want to point out to her that bottled water is usually nothing more than filtered city water despite all the mountain stream graphics they put on the labels
    "Never accept authority as truth. Always accept truth as authority."

Quote Originally Posted by GR82BPREPD View Post
    You might want to point out to her that bottled water is usually nothing more than filtered city water despite all the mountain stream graphics they put on the labels
    that's not a "usual" about bottled water >> it's an always - the bottling plants are in industrial parks and hooked into someone's municipal system - nobody draws from a private well for anything like that ....

and there's very little if any filtering involved ...

1+ virtually all bottled water in the us is tap water anyway with a bit of filtering
    maybe Evian or Fuji water is different, but for sure all the bottled in the US is more or less what you get out of your tap (unless you live in Flint, MI)