Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: prepper panic

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Long cable to Explo's house, step up voltage to 440V (most are rated for 600V), then back down to 110, into battery charger. Need to do some math, but any port in a storm

    if it was a dire emergency deal with someone needing electricity for med reasons or even creature comforts for kids/elderly > that would be a game changer and running cable thinkable ...

    that neighbor is really been thinking short sighted for a long freaking time - only one inverter and it sounds like he doesn't even have a back-up generator - you get too far into that dependancy arrangement and he just adds that to his short sightment thinking ...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East TN Smokey Mountains
    Posts
    5,244

    Default

    he is limping along
    if I thought it was life threatening I would offer assistance
    he has the money to compensate for his mistakes
    better he makes them know and learns the lesson

    reminds me of an old saying which i will post
    https://www.whenshtf.com/threads/587...748#post774748

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweet Tennessee
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    Explo Most truckstops and TSC have at least 3k watt inverters. I know it's not a lot but better than nothing.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East TN Smokey Mountains
    Posts
    5,244

    Default

    paid a visit to my neighbor this afternoon
    he is in a sheer panic
    the long term storage food he ordered is at least 6 weeks back ordered
    he is convinced that the feds will ban cash for digital currency (not totally unfounded me thinks)
    he is trying to turn his cash into silver but he says physical silver is now like $23 / oz.
    I think he has been listening to too much Alex Jones, he's a huge fan.
    I tried to calm him down and get him to make a plan base on what he can buy locally
    he did get a replacement inverter and lesson learned he bought a back up

    I don't think he is alone in the panic - even amoung preppers.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    paid a visit to my neighbor this afternoon
    he is in a sheer panic
    the long term storage food he ordered is at least 6 weeks back ordered
    he is convinced that the feds will ban cash for digital currency (not totally unfounded me thinks)
    he is trying to turn his cash into silver but he says physical silver is now like $23 / oz.
    I think he has been listening to too much Alex Jones, he's a huge fan.
    I tried to calm him down and get him to make a plan base on what he can buy locally
    he did get a replacement inverter and lesson learned he bought a back up

    I don't think he is alone in the panic - even amoung preppers.
    Yeah, it seems that people have forgotten, or never realized, there is a great difference between caution and paranoia.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweet Tennessee
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    Spot price on silver is less than $13 currently
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    913

    Default

    What is it they say about plans when they make contact with the enemy?

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    What is it they say about plans when they make contact with the enemy?
    Yeah, almost sounds as though this guy is his own worst enemy, huh?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    Yeah, almost sounds as though this guy is his own worst enemy, huh?
    As Pogo said in the comic strip, "we has met the enemy, and it is us". Lot of truth to that.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Morgan County, Alabama
    Posts
    3,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    What is it they say about plans when they make contact with the enemy?

    "No plan survives first contact with the enemy," ~~General Dwight David Eisenhower.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •