Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: prepper panic

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Mass has just closed down all non essential businesses. Now the remainder of the state will head into ME/NH/VT to their summer homes, like vultures, cleaning out everything....

Guess this is what we prep for
    =
    Make America under God Again
    *Putting*America*Back*Together*

Yep, this is what and why we prep.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    "No plan survives first contact with the enemy," ~~General Dwight David Eisenhower.
    I never heard or knew that was Ike's statement. Thanks for filling me in on the rest of the story.

Heard the saying but never heard the rest of the story....again thanks,

Oops.....now this caused me to look it up....I reckon Ike got it at military school or if he went...the Point...,

https://blog.seannewmanmaroni.com/no...y-966df69b24b9

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-23-2020 at 01:43 PM.

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth
    - Mike Tyson
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

bwahaha
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I thought I was preped and ready to go. Chickens are squirting out eggs. My hens go broody at the first sight of a crocus. My home is off the grid, and everything is humming right along. Until....
    Calamity.
    Emergency.
    Armageddon.

I ran out of Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream. OMG!

I needed to check my PO box, so I decided to take my life in my own hands and ventured out to get the ice cream. While I was there, I was talking to the owner (we are neighbors) and he was telling me that condiments are not going to be stocked at stores any more, while the shut down is in effect. Looking at my own prep. I found I am weak on some of the things I use infrequently.

There is some good coming out of all this.
    "Never accept authority as truth. Always accept truth as authority."

Our weakness is Reese's. I stock up on bags of bite size and chunked them in the 3rd freezer so they'll last.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I needed to check my PO box, so I decided to take my life in my own hands and ventured out to get the ice cream. While I was there, I was talking to the owner (we are neighbors) and he was telling me that condiments are not going to be stocked at stores any more, while the shut down is in effect. Looking at my own prep. I found I am weak on some of the things I use infrequently.

absolutely and the nice thing is we preppers likely have a pretty short list of things we didn't think of.
    Imagine trying to start from scratch

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    absolutely and the nice thing is we preppers likely have a pretty short list of things we didn't think of.
    Imagine trying to start from scratch
    Good point explo72...good point.

Went to the store early this morning....when they opened. Not much bread to be found but got two loaves and my short list and left. Came back home.

Was heeled when I went to the store...

At some point down the road....I expect the two legged wildlife to become more open and in greater numbers...emboldened...by design..

And with this Ishmaelite in the Virginia Governors office....by that time the rest of us disarmed...

Need to study the manual for making my own colloidal silver....and give it a go.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-27-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GR82BPREPD View Post
    I thought I was preped and ready to go. Chickens are squirting out eggs. My hens go broody at the first sight of a crocus. My home is off the grid, and everything is humming right along. Until....
    Calamity.
    Emergency.
    Armageddon.

I ran out of Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream. OMG!

"condiments"??? - you mean like catsup, mustard - steak sauce??

why would they be effected?