Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Walmart adventure

Muslims found a way

Wife decided we needed to go grocery shopping today. So, here's a SITREP from my AO.

-Walmart is completely cleaned out. No canned goods, no TP, but plenty of flatscreens, sneakers, and clothes.
    -Target wasn't as bad, but had been picked over pretty good.
    -Albertsons was one bare cupboard.
    -Local Fresh Market was still pretty stocked, but more pricey than the other places.
    -Couldn't even get into the parking lot at Costco, so we bypassed it.

I did swing by Cabelas and cash in the $100 in Club Points I had. Snagged 1K of Winchester SPP and another 1K of Extreme 124gr PRN for the 9mm. Most of the powder and CCI primers were gone, as well as anything Hornady. Ammo was pretty slim, and more than a few FUDDs snatching up AR rifles. NICS crashed yesterday, so some were returning for Round 2, with a serious wait time.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

alot of preppers talking about hitting the stores next week or two - after this sheeple panic subsides >>> watch your 3-6-9 o'clock for shopping lot bad guys - these store lots and shopping retail areas are going to be deserted - along with any regular commuter areas - even regularly buzy gas stations & truck stops are going to look like a Walking Dead scene ...

also good idea to keep a good daytime vigil - the school summer break is coming early with the 12-18 yr old miscreants with nothing to do but crook - plenty of laid off crook parents out there getting it done also ...

this Virus Crisis is a SHTF - all precautions of what's been discussed about SHTF security is in play

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    We could always buy adult diapers

.... just depends .....
    Yeah, walk around with a diaper full of shlt...attracting flies...and democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    Beo I hate to hear you've been thru that. Glad your improving, but letting the girls help you out is a good thing. You'd be easy pickins for a virus right now.

I've been fighting a nasty Upper Respritory something since Dec. I went to a pulmanary Dr 2 weeks ago and after testing I was told my lung function was at 47%. Went back for a followup yesterday and tested out at 72%. I've been on steroids and a steroid inhaler. Seems to be working, he kept me on the inhaler thru June when I'll go back for another test. I feel markedly better than 2 weeks ago. But my energy level is still low. Gonna take a while to get built back up. Wife and I have been hitting everything we can to build our immunity up.
    Thanks BP. Sure hope you beat this thing soon. It sure isn't any fun. I felt like I'd been shot at and missed and shlt at and hit. I'm getting a little strength back, but I still tire out pretty quickly. I figure a couple more weeks and I'll be ready to kick some democrat ass again.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    alot of preppers talking about hitting the stores next week or two - after this sheeple panic subsides >>> watch your 3-6-9 o'clock for shopping lot bad guys - these store lots and shopping retail areas are going to be deserted - along with any regular commuter areas - even regularly buzy gas stations & truck stops are going to look like a Walking Dead scene ...

also good idea to keep a good daytime vigil - the school summer break is coming early with the 12-18 yr old miscreants with nothing to do but crook - plenty of laid off crook parents out there getting it done also ...

this Virus Crisis is a SHTF - all precautions of what's been discussed about SHTF security is in play
    Totally agree, IW. My grand daughter asked me today if I was ready for martial law. I told her we're not to that point yet, but it could come to that. I told her if it dos just obey any curfews imposed and don't do anything stupid, and we'll be okay. I don't see them coming around collecting guns. Just controlling any rioting and looting.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Thanks BP. Sure hope you beat this thing soon. It sure isn't any fun. I felt like I'd been shot at and missed and shlt at and hit. I'm getting a little strength back, but I still tire out pretty quickly. I figure a couple more weeks and I'll be ready to kick some democrat ass again.
    I'm on the upswing Beo. Feel better than I have since Thanksgiving. Like you I tire out quick. But that is starting to improve some. Got out today and worked in the grape vines and cut down some little saplings growing where I didn't want them. We'll get there, just takes a while.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I'm thinking martial law is inevitable.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    I'm on the upswing Beo. Feel better than I have since Thanksgiving. Like you I tire out quick. But that is starting to improve some. Got out today and worked in the grape vines and cut down some little saplings growing where I didn't want them. We'll get there, just takes a while.
    I've still got a week and a half restricted to light activity because of surgery I had in January. After that I think I'll be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I'm thinking martial law is inevitable.
    Very well could happen. I agree. But we're not there just yet. However, when the idiots start running wild it could surely happen. I'm certainly not ruling it out. Only a fool would do that. But as I told my grand daughter, stay home as much as possible, heed any curfews and don't do anything foolish. We'll be okay, those of us with any common sense anyway. I don't think it will get to the point of the "Gestapo" coming around kicking in doors in the wee hours.