Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Walmart adventure

Default My Walmart adventure

I live north of Cincinnati, South of Dayton.
    Schools are all closed for 3 weeks because of the Wu flu.
    So me and my son decided to hit Walmart for toilet paper, more water and important beer preps. Had a nice selection of quality ipa's in the cart, the last of the elderberry vitimans. So long story short. Check out lady about 60 ish starts scanning my stuff. All is good. Then hackkkkk whoooo, hackk hack. Not really trying to cover her mouth even. I was like wtf... I told her thanks but I'm good, I'll go get more stuff. She walked away from the checkout. As did I rapidly. I got another pull of hand whipes and cleaned up another shopping cart. No more good beer it was all in my Corona contaminated cart. Bloody hell. This pandemic has broken my spirit.. all those ipa's than I wouldn't be drinking....argh

Just getting over first, a bout with a pretty serious upper respiratory infection, followed very closely with a bout of pneumonia, I'm staying away from public places for a while. My daughters have said they'll do my grocery shopping for me for a while. All I have to do is make a list of what I want/need. Can't say I disagree with them either. My lungs are still pretty compromised from those two "bugs". Plus, I don't want to incur the wrath of my two girls. When it comes to taking care of their dad, they can be vey "persuasive".

Beo I hate to hear you've been thru that. Glad your improving, but letting the girls help you out is a good thing. You'd be easy pickins for a virus right now.

I've been fighting a nasty Upper Respritory something since Dec. I went to a pulmanary Dr 2 weeks ago and after testing I was told my lung function was at 47%. Went back for a followup yesterday and tested out at 72%. I've been on steroids and a steroid inhaler. Seems to be working, he kept me on the inhaler thru June when I'll go back for another test. I feel markedly better than 2 weeks ago. But my energy level is still low. Gonna take a while to get built back up. Wife and I have been hitting everything we can to build our immunity up.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Poured some alcohol on a towel and gave myself a bath when I got home as did my son. We were both dumbfounded the lady was like no big woop about coughing all over your stuff. I often say that 85 percent of this Earth have an 85 or less iq score

I refuse to leave my property. I've stocked well. I make hubs decon before coming in the house from working all day. We've also rescheduled all gig we have for the next 30 days. If this crap is still spreading, we will reschedule again.

Called our Dr. Had him refill our scripts for 90 day supply. Hubs picked them up today.

We're good to go with everything else. I have basically semi self quarantined us from the pubic to protect us from those who choose not to be considerate of others.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm living my life. Still think this is way overblown, may be wrong, but God will take me when he wants me. Going to go to Tractor Supply this weekend, then eat Mexican food at a great Mexican restaurant.
    Got a craving for re-fried beans and a cold beer.

Quote by Stonewall Jackson ;

https://www.azquotes.com/quote/1312347
    Last edited by bambam; 03-12-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    Beo I hate to hear you've been thru that. Glad your improving, but letting the girls help you out is a good thing. You'd be easy pickins for a virus right now.

I've been fighting a nasty Upper Respritory something since Dec. I went to a pulmanary Dr 2 weeks ago and after testing I was told my lung function was at 47%. Went back for a followup yesterday and tested out at 72%. I've been on steroids and a steroid inhaler. Seems to be working, he kept me on the inhaler thru June when I'll go back for another test. I feel markedly better than 2 weeks ago. But my energy level is still low. Gonna take a while to get built back up. Wife and I have been hitting everything we can to build our immunity up.
    I have a Dr appt tomorrow morning, semi annual check up. Plus need to renew my prescriptions for blood pressure and cholesterol and allergy meds. Plus a follow up to make sure my lungs are clearing as they should. Kids are begging me not to go, but some things have to be taken care of. Plus, I have a dental appt Apr 1st and an appt with retina Dr. on Apr 3rd. I have a slight macular degeneration in my left eye and I have to get a shot in the eye every five weeks, without which I could lose my sight in that eye. I've assured them I'll be extra cautious. Spray my hands with sanitizer spray before I go into Dr.'s office, again when I come out. Upon arrival back at home will change clothes and was hands very thoroughly. Plus, sometimes you just have to put your faith in the Lord that He will take care of you.

Of course, but then again, the lord also said, do not tempt.

I'm a home body anyway. This IS my life! And I love it. I'm no social butterfly or girly girl who needs to socialize with other women, or anyone outside my home for that matter. I have more than plenty to do at home and I thoroughly enjoy it, So yea, I am living my life to my liking. It's comfortable, peaceful, no drama or issues with others.
    Our group also has protocol to protect ourselves, even from each other if need be.. This is one of the (survival scenarios) and we are all on board with it. We still have our meetings but during this virus, it's online or through conference call or other. Our last meeting was two days ago and went without any hitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Of course, but then again, the lord also said, do not tempt.

I'm a home body anyway. This IS my life! And I love it. I'm no social butterfly or girly girl who needs to socialize with other women, or anyone outside my home for that matter. I have more than plenty to do at home and I thoroughly enjoy it, So yea, I am living my life to my liking. It's comfortable, peaceful, no drama or issues with others.
    Our group also has protocol to protect ourselves, even from each other if need be.. This is one of the (survival scenarios) and we are all on board with it. We still have our meetings but during this virus, it's online or through conference call or other. Our last meeting was two days ago and went without any hitches.
    I'm pretty much the same. Never have been a "social creature". I'm much more content out in the middle of the forest somewhere, or in my back yard. I go out only when necessary to get things I need. I'm restricting my outings much more these days. I'm off the opinion this thing is going to become much worse before any turn is realized and the more isolated my family and I can be, the better. I think we may be in for a long, difficult and perilous summer...maybe even longer. Time will tell.

Further, as far as my Dr. appts, one has to weigh in all the factors, balance them and determine if the need outweighs the risks. Right now we have one confirmed case in the county where I live. While it is possible that someone in the Dr.'s office could conceivably have been exposed to this one person, the odds are pretty remote. Get these appts taken care of now while the risk is minimal and they're done for at least six months. I don't consider that tempting, but rather applying sound logic and reason.
    Last edited by beowulf; 03-13-2020 at 06:11 AM.

I can understand your position with your pre-existing conditions.
    I'm not near as concerned with the virus as I am the idiots out and about. That's my main reason for continuing my semi reclusion.

On another note. Hubs just got home from work and said HEB parking lot is crazy. People arguing over parking spots because the store is full to capacity and cars lined up into the road to get in to the parking lot. Luckily, all he had to do was return a couple redbox movies so he parked down the street and walked over. He said the atmosphere was thick with edgy people. He avoided them all. No one was in line at the movie box so he dumped them and left.

Got to our home town and he said our WalMart was as usual so he stopped in for a big box of kitty litter for Tazzy. He also said the gas station on the way home was out of regular gas but had they had plenty premium so the store is charging regular price on premium gas.. Thank god for small rural towns!

I agree, this is going to get worse before it finally levels out and starts declining. The crazies will see to it and soak it for every drop of chaos they can squeeze out of it.