Thread: Just got new water filter grayl geopress

Default Just got new water filter grayl geopress

No more slow pumping for me. It's slam time...lol
    The grayl geopress looks o be the fastest way to purify water. Great if your on the go.
    My Sweetwater pump took about 7 to 10 minutes by the time you in bag, put together , pump, put away.
    The grayl bottle only takes about 10 sec.
    I love new gear. Can't wait to try it

How many gallons it good for?
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

They say 65 gallons. The filters are on Amazon for $25. Hasn't got the life of the Sweetwater pump at 600 gal per filter. But in my bugout bag,hiking bag. I will take speed. It's so much easier to dip a bottle from a stream and press it than mess with hoses. Pumps. And I carry a nalgene bottle with my pump anyway. So I'm actually getting more space and some weight savings.

65 a lot of water in a BOB. One of my little filters I took to NT, Canada was supposed to be good for something like 50 gallons but fouled after about 5. Had to backlash which is not difficult or time consuming, but something to plan for.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I will basically just replace my nalgene bottle at first. No reason to toss out the Sweetwater until I know this things legit. But it has 5 star rating from over 500 people

Nice good to know that you have overcome the difficulty at last!

Bot alert???