Thread: Star question

Default Star question

So everyone knows siris is the brightest star in the sky. Last night I was walking the dog. It was nice and clear. Lots of stars. Found Orion directly overhead. His sword points South... So what is the super bright star to the east of Orion. In the direction his bow is pointed. That star is way brighter can than siris as of last night. Found that odd

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    So everyone knows siris is the brightest star in the sky. Last night I was walking the dog. It was nice and clear. Lots of stars. Found Orion directly overhead. His sword points South... So what is the super bright star to the east of Orion. In the direction his bow is pointed. That star is way brighter can than siris as of last night. Found that odd
    Could it have been Venus, AKA the evening star? Its one of the first to appear in the evening, and the brightest.

I can find the big dipper and little dipper and the north star, but I haven't looked for constellations since 7th grade science class, and that was way back in 1957. I need to get back into my star gazing.
    Last edited by beowulf; 02-23-2020 at 05:36 PM.

Nothing, don't worry about it.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Drive plume from the alien invasion ship approaching on braking thrust.

Have you been communicating with alredneck?

Quote Originally Posted by CENTEXDUDE View Post
    Have you been communicating with alredneck?

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    The planet Venus is currently EAST of Orion.

Quote Originally Posted by 54reo View Post
    The planet Venus is currently EAST of Orion.
    Yeah, Venus is seen in the SW and Sirius is to the east or SE.

most likely venus is what i am seeing...cool. its so bright at night i thought it was a landing light on a jet. but it dident move...lol