Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: CDC: "This is the time to open up your pandemic plans"

I'm wondering if the mail will still run.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I'm wondering if the mail will still run.
    I hope so. Just ordered a pistol kit from PSA last week, and should be here by Thursday.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

Report from the front lines in Seattle.

https://mobile.twitter.com/scott_min...90389963714562

Some brutal accounts there:

Virus can attack the heart, if it does, you've basically got 24-48 hours left.

Equipment is in short supply, personnel are overworked to the brink of collapse.

Anyone who's not under 40 and tip-top shape... if you take a turn for the worse, sorry, you won't get extraordinary life saving treatment because they say the odds aren't in your favor and they need to conserve those efforts for those who have better odds.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Two states have closed all bars and restaurants. Twenty states have closed all schools.

It is coming folks. Spain just locked their entire country down, and as of right now, they have just over twice the number of cases that we have. That is when we will see people really starting to panic.

The local HEB stores(grocery store for those not in Texas) are now open from 8 to 8, and this morning they were only letting in 20 people at a time. Went to an HEB in College Station looking for some diapers for a nephew of mine and they had almost everything in stock. Very few shelves were empty. Around Waco and other densely populated areas though, it is a MUCH different story.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I think by Wednesday we will all be on national lockdown

Just reported West Virginia is the only state with no confirmed cases of the Wuhan flu. Guess we are just too damn mean to get it. Or maybe alcohol and Copenhagen kills the crap out of it. HAHA

Just got home here from up in Cumberland, Virginia. Have been there since Wednesday out in the country ...about 40 miles west of Richmond.

On Thursday or Friday we went to Farmville, Virginia to the Lowe's there and on the way back passed the road going through a section of Longwood College and saw many students headed for their cars carrying their baggage. We figured then that something had gone down and only when we got back did we update. We decided not to stop anywhere on the way back.

Helping a prepper woman to move into a house she just bought and have also set her up a base station with one of my home made antennas...for VHF/UHF frequencies. When I am there I bring my long range HF radio and hook it up to a HF wire antenna I have also made and talk to my friend out in Tennessee. Distance from her place to mine is some 120 miles and I can make it from here at my home to the Richmond repeater and then repeating to her home...mostly at night.

She does not have HF privileges and her level of ham license doe not cover those frequencies and I have encouraged her to get upgraded but at the same time now ...priorities have changed.

We are concerned that the repeaters may for some reason be shut down along with cell phone service.

I am asking myself if at some point in this manufactured crisis if someone or some group is going to make at an attempt at an overthrow of our form of government....and change it into something more desirable to them and not the American People.

The other thing of note is that... even up there ..out into the country the shelves at Wal Mart began to go bare.,.

Most people needed to be prepped a couple of weeks ago....or even before...

However...I was thinking I should have brought her two of these six bottles of Bacardi 151 proof Antiseptic Rum I have here in the radio shack. I also have two bottles of 151 Proof Goslings dark rum........just in case.......for antiseptic purposes you understand...!!???

I am back home now and planning on staying put for awhile.

Have reinstalled my HF radio back on my station....and am on the air now....monitoring and will do the same later tonight..HF and also VHF/UHF frequencies and also the AM/FM bands.

Oh...one more thing....there are some Latter Day Saints stores up there which sell bulk supplies and they are also quickly selling out. Many of the preppers up there know about them.

Bought some soup packets at a Flowers bakery and fixed them while up there and they turned out to be very good....once you added extra ingredients...canned chicken and such.....cabbage etc etc. Bought a number of them.

I am told by fellow co workers that the shipyard wherein I work is giving liberal leave through Wednesday.

Will get cleaned up and fed....going to wash my clothes and go out only to fill up my car and then back home......then stay put and decide on going to work...

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-15-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    I think by Wednesday we will all be on national lockdown
    The YouTube channel where I have been staying updated, Peak Prosperity, today stayed that by no later than Friday the whole country will be on lockdown. Here is the crazy part though. The guy, Chris Martinson, has been 100% right on every single thing he has said about all of this since his first video in January.

So yes, a national lockdown is coming VERY soon. If you must go out, wear an N95 mask.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

OT, she only needs a license to broadcast, not receive. We hashed this out on another forum over the Baofeng nonsense. You could set her up with a receiver, and she could monitor until she gets her license upgrade to broadcast.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime