Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: CDC: "This is the time to open up your pandemic plans"

I think it is time to try the "solid flu vaccine."

News just broke we have 2 "presumably positive" in Missoula. Wife just went DEFCON2. We got an email a bit ago that ALL employees have a meeting Monday morning, both office and warehouse.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), ďCome and get them!Ē

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

Iím making a last out of town trip tomorrow morning to deliver some supplies to family members that typically scoff at me for prepping. Iím taking along with me a .22 revolver for a brother that has no means of self defense, my AR, and two 9mm pistols. People are already panicking so Iím not going to be caught off guard.

My boss called me earlier today to ask about all of this. He and I had a nice chat a week ago. Unfortunately, like most of the population, he was caught flat footed and did not heed my warnings. Luckily though, he was not calling to ask me for supplies but rather for information as to how long this will last. 2-3 months, best case scenario. Worst case scenario Iíd rather not talk about. We all know what the worst case scenario would be (10%-20% CFR, massive civil unrest, major crimes not being addressed by police due to being stretched too thin, and you have to step up to physically and personally ensure your own safety), but even when told the best case scenario, most people canít comprehend it.

So be careful who and how you talk to others. Itís not that they donít want to comprehend, itís that their minds canít process what this could turn into.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Iím making a last out of town trip tomorrow morning to deliver some supplies to family members that typically scoff at me for prepping. Iím taking along with me a .22 revolver for a brother that has no means of self defense, my AR, and two 9mm pistols. People are already panicking so Iím not going to be caught off guard.

My boss called me earlier today to ask about all of this. He and I had a nice chat a week ago. Unfortunately, like most of the population, he was caught flat footed and did not heed my warnings. Luckily though, he was not calling to ask me for supplies but rather for information as to how long this will last. 2-3 months, best case scenario. Worst case scenario Iíd rather not talk about. We all know what the worst case scenario would be (10%-20% CFR, massive civil unrest, major crimes not being addressed by police due to being stretched too thin, and you have to step up to physically and personally ensure your own safety), but even when told the best case scenario, most people canít comprehend it.

So be careful who and how you talk to others. Itís not that they donít want to comprehend, itís that their minds canít process what this could turn into.
    You are right. I talked with my mom last night. For the umpteenth time, told her to expect 2-3 months minimum. She said TV was only saying 2 weeks. Yep I know they are, but that is just the incubation period. This is going to run longer than that. Just look at China and Italy. They are 2 months in now and still not finished. She agreed. Luckily they garden and have 2 freezer full of food, plus other stuff. I think they'll be ok, but I want them to expect whats coming, not be caught off gaurd.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Hubby will be asking his boss about working from home starting this week sometime. Still haven't heard about when the school district will shutdown, but three new cases in the wild in Spokane, should be soon. Figure we will go into lock down here at the house soon, probably this week. Kidding season starts in a week, so that's fun! I've got three girls due Mar 20 - Apr 4, then no more until May.

I'm going to Tractor Supply tomorrow, need some things for the garden. Then I'm going to eat at our favorite Mexican Restaurant. Don't expect long lines at either place since they don't sell toilet paper. HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I'm going to Tractor Supply tomorrow, need some things for the garden. Then I'm going to eat at our favorite Mexican Restaurant. Don't expect long lines at either place since they don't sell toilet paper. HAHA
    Just be careful, bambam. Don't take this thing too lightly.

Walmart announced this morning they are cutting the 24hr stores back to 6AM to 11PM. The stock personnel can't even get the stock on the shelves before it flies off. There is also rumors trucking companies are preparing to cut back/shut down if this continues.

This will also put JIT(Just In Time) delivery under the microscope.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), ďCome and get them!Ē

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post

don't take it personal or racist - but eating at some mex place would be my last choice - staying away from restaurants in general for the foreseeable future >>> when this cranks the lesser souls are going down the fastest ...

I wouldn't be taking anything for granted bam. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!