Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: CDC: "This is the time to open up your pandemic plans"

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    310 confirmed cases now in the US as of 6:15 pm.

We are just getting to the curve in the hockey stick graph. Within a couple of days, hundreds will be added per day, and that is when it starts to skyrocket north, just like Iran, South Korea, and Italy have done.

Edit; As of 6:54 pm the number infected in the US had jumped up to 331.
    There's going to be a large jump in "confirmed" cases simply because they are finally getting around to testing lots of people.

Around 80% of those with the virus will probably not be tested at all because they won't have symptoms bad enough to seek treatment.

If the true number of those infected was actually known, which it never will be, the rate of deaths as a percentage would plummet .

Last edited by Illini Warrior; 03-08-2020 at 07:05 PM.

OK, just rolled in from JBLM. The base wasn't on lockdown yet, however, we were caught in a drill Saturday. Mil is prepared to house some civvies stuck on base if a true lockdown goes into effect. I talked to kid's Sgt, and in the event of a lockdown, civvies would be allowed to leave if they chose to do so. However, once off base, you are on your own. We kept the truck full of diesel, and 2 Jerry cans son's Sgt gave us that he didn't need after selling his Jeep were filled at the Exchange fuel station. We can make the trip from Tacoma to Missoula on a full tank, so the extra was just cheap insurance. ALL .mil travel to and from Korea was suspended this morning until May 6th, maybe longer. Son was suppose to leave in April, however, he may be going to Texas instead.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...ravel-soldiers

I5/I405 was dead......well, dead for a typical day. Not a lot of traffic where traffic is usually bumper to taillight. We didn't venture into King Co. however, T-town wasn't a ghost town. We opted to stay either in the hotel(next exit from main gate), one restaurant near the main gate, or on base.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Eagle View Post
    OK, just rolled in from JBLM. The base wasn't on lockdown yet, however, we were caught in a drill Saturday. Mil is prepared to house some civvies stuck on base if a true lockdown goes into effect. I talked to kid's Sgt, and in the event of a lockdown, civvies would be allowed to leave if they chose to do so. However, once off base, you are on your own. We kept the truck full of diesel, and 2 Jerry cans son's Sgt gave us that he didn't need after selling his Jeep were filled at the Exchange fuel station. We can make the trip from Tacoma to Missoula on a full tank, so the extra was just cheap insurance. ALL .mil travel to and from Korea was suspended this morning until May 6th, maybe longer. Son was suppose to leave in April, however, he may be going to Texas instead.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/coron...ravel-soldiers

I5/I405 was dead......well, dead for a typical day. Not a lot of traffic where traffic is usually bumper to taillight. We didn't venture into King Co. however, T-town wasn't a ghost town. We opted to stay either in the hotel(next exit from main gate), one restaurant near the main gate, or on base.

been reading about ROK from the civilian side >> whole bunch of US citizens out of work and marooned in the major cities - don't see them getting an evac back the States anytime soon - last I heard there was something like 250K in the ROK

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    been reading about ROK from the civilian side >> whole bunch of US citizens out of work and marooned in the major cities - don't see them getting an evac back the States anytime soon - last I heard there was something like 250K in the ROK
    28,500 are our boys and girls, all branches combined. Sgt told us that number.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Eagle View Post
    28,500 are our boys and girls, all branches combined. Sgt told us that number.

the 250K was strictly US civilian - that was back when it looked like crazy Fat Boy was going to attack >>> I'm hoping that DMZ force gets to call it quits by 2024 - could be the last hope for that situation ...

TP is out except a couple of small boxes at my local walmart, local folks are getting annoyed. I'm serging family cloth, going to try and make some goat money off the panic. I've got plenty for us, I had 30 yards of flannel gifted to me, so I have my work cut out for me...as soon as I cut it out :P If any of y'all want some pack, I'll post them for sale to you guys first.

X22 is downplaying the virus; Starts around the 21:30 mark;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLj-UcTEoRQ

Got 752 cases now in the US.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best