Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 472

Thread: CDC: "This is the time to open up your pandemic plans"

  1. #351
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Argh!! Had a good post going and lost it all!!!



    The gist of it was this. The CDC is currently doing clinical trials on the drug, but of course they are dragging their feet. Pharmacies are reporting a quickly dwindling supply of the drug because it is used for other health problems.

    This website shows the technical medical results of testing and shows good promise but warns of potential side effects which include death(isn’t that the case with just about every drug out there now? Haha haha).

    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41421-020-0156-0




    In lighter and much more happy news, Kathy Griffin appears to have come down with the virus now!! I couldn’t think of anyone more deserving of this(well, there are a few people in DC). Karma is a bi...............
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East TN Smokey Mountains
    Posts
    5,222

    Default

    UK just downgraded it from HCID (High Consequence Infectious Diseasd) to basically another variant of the common flu

    https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/i...hly-dangerous/

  3. #353
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Well, I was wrong on my long post from last night. It won’t be a couple of days before we surpass Italy and China as the country with the most infections. It happened today.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    5,650

    Default

    Add MT to "shelter in place". Gov just delivered the address, and takes effect Saturday at midnight. I have a meeting with my supervisor tomorrow morning about unemployment/payroll.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

    Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

  5. #355
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,134

    Default

    As you all know, I've been skeptical of this genetically engineered virus from the start. Yes, maybe it is highly infectious, and yes, people are dying, but so far it hasn't killed even a small percentage that the frickin flu kills every year, including this year. I have been taking precautions of course, as I work in the health care field, but no more than I normally take for the flu, or pneumonia, or AIDS , or any other disease.

    Today , however , I began to re-think my stance on this disease.

    I went to town for an essential supply , one that, unlike toilet paper and hand sanitizer , has been readily available throughout this whole ordeal.

    What I found was highly unusual and down-right frightening.

    There was not ONE single 30 pack of Bud Light in the whole dam town !!!!!!

    I had to buy 12 packs, which is like buying toilet paper 4 sheets at a time .

    This is serious folks, I am now a true believer, we are in for a rough time.

  6. #356
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    As I stated last night in the long post, it is the exponential rate of increase that catches people off guard. Give it a full year, the same amount of time that those flu stats are always quoted, and you will have a change in heart. After all, China would NEVER close its entire country down if only 3,000 people died. I do not trust them for any kind of accurate reporting, but one thing is for sure. They could care less about their people. That country was shut down because their world dominance(in their eyes) was at stake.



    BTW, the United States added 20,000 infections today, and New York City had over 6,000 911 calls for problems pertaining to COVID-19. That number surpassed the number of 911 calls on 9/11.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweet Tennessee
    Posts
    4,330

    Default

    People are FREAKING out....... We haven't missed a lick, business as usual.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,079

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    As you all know, I've been skeptical of this genetically engineered virus from the start. Yes, maybe it is highly infectious, and yes, people are dying, but so far it hasn't killed even a small percentage that the frickin flu kills every year, including this year. I have been taking precautions of course, as I work in the health care field, but no more than I normally take for the flu, or pneumonia, or AIDS , or any other disease.

    Today , however , I began to re-think my stance on this disease.

    I went to town for an essential supply , one that, unlike toilet paper and hand sanitizer , has been readily available throughout this whole ordeal.

    What I found was highly unusual and down-right frightening.

    There was not ONE single 30 pack of Bud Light in the whole dam town !!!!!!

    I had to buy 12 packs, which is like buying toilet paper 4 sheets at a time .

    This is serious folks, I am now a true believer, we are in for a rough time.
    Bud Light???!!! Keg of horse piss would cost less. Prolly taste better too>

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Bud Light???!!! Keg of horse piss would cost less. Prolly taste better too>
    Speaking of that........are they still making Pearl Beer?

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Argh!! Had a good post going and lost it all!!!



    The gist of it was this. The CDC is currently doing clinical trials on the drug, but of course they are dragging their feet. Pharmacies are reporting a quickly dwindling supply of the drug because it is used for other health problems.

    This website shows the technical medical results of testing and shows good promise but warns of potential side effects which include death(isn’t that the case with just about every drug out there now? Haha haha).

    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41421-020-0156-0




    In lighter and much more happy news, Kathy Griffin appears to have come down with the virus now!! I couldn’t think of anyone more deserving of this(well, there are a few people in DC). Karma is a bi...............

    Griffin doesn't have the Virus - she has such a bad case of TDS that it's erupted >> she wanted a test and they told her strait out she didn't have the telltale symptoms - went f___king nutz ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •