Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast

Thread: CDC: "This is the time to open up your pandemic plans"

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGunn View Post
    I agree with most of that, Gene.

The thing that most bugs me, concerning your last sentence, is, yes, we opened up, people mix together and the bug spreads and cases go up. We were told they would....so we open uo, and BINGO! what we were told would happen did happen, and our reaction?

OH MY GOD THE COVID BUG IS GOING CRAZY RUN IN CIRCLES PULL YOUR HAIR OUT AND PANIC AND WE NEED TO CLOSE DOWN AGAIN!!!!!

Geeesh.... country, GET A GRIP.

This is the most politicized epidemic in history, ever. I find this despicable.

I don't know how many false attributions there have been to covid but I think it has happened. Perhaps less where the disease is better understood.
    Diagnosing disease is not always easy. My father died of liver cancer .... his getting a true diagnosis was a ..... process. It's not like on tv where Dr. Welby glances at a patient and makes a diagnosis.
    Man, I wish that we could give likes to a post,....lol

Yes, it IS a political issue as well (which is sad). The Liberals have a mantra: Never let a good crisis go to waste. Yes, they are nipping at the President's heels at every turn, giving (mostly bad) advice as to what he should and should not be doing. They would LOVE to see him flounder and they will do everything they can to help him do that. Especially with this being an election year.

This President is a very successful businessman and he knows the business and so getting the economy back up is a top priority to him. That's why he was SO optimistic about opening back up by Easter. But his urge to get the economy going again has to be tempered by the medical field saying that it's too soon.

Add to that, you have a vast % of the population that believes that his whole thing is a hoax. That's why you have cities opening up too soon (or else they too are panicking over their economy), ignoring medical advice to wear masks and keep social distancing, etc. only to be faced with the reality that this virus is real and it will kill you. It's 30X more infectious (than other known viruses- HIV/AIDS could only be transferred through the exchange of body fluids), has a longer incubation (most viruses are a few hours or days- COVID is 10 days - 2 weeks), so an infected person can infect ALOT more others, before even showng any symptoms, does the damage MUCH more quickly, and there's NO cure or vaccine. So it's not like any other virus we've ever had to deal with.

Btw, it took them over 20 years to come up with a cocktail that lets HIV people live with that virus and that was the worst one we'd seen come up the pike. How many remember the Legionnaire's disease, in the 70's? Then we've had the avian flu, the swine flu (which i got back in 2009 and survived). Then came HIV/AIDS and now this.
    Last edited by GeneC; 07-20-2020 at 12:11 PM.

IMHO there really is no "ideal" time to reopen....or perhaps I should say; was no ideal time. We had lost 40 million jobs. We sorta had to open. Flattening the curve never saved any lives, it only prevented hospitals from overloading. Allowing the economy to tank farther could not have been allowed.

I well recall aids. There still is no vaccine for it, just some better drugs that allow patients to live. The covid19 virus is different .... from the reports I've heard I'm optimistic, but there is no ironclad guarantee. Even if this works it's possible it will still need bi-yearly or yearly boosters. Covid19 can transmit about 3X more than regular influenza. The flu transmits from @1 person to 1.2. So 10 flu sufferers beget 12, 12 beget 14.4, those beget 17.28.
    One covid patient begets 3, those three beget 9, those beget 27, those beget 81, those 243, and so forth. It's a steeper curve but geometric, not exponential. Still bad though.
    Last edited by TommyGunn; 07-20-2020 at 06:23 PM.

Mark Levin brought up an interesting point on his show. in 2009, 60M Americans got H1N1(Swine Flu). Over 12K died from it. Who was VP? Joe Biden. Who was in charge of Infectious Disease Control? Anthony Fauchi. They were both so bad managing it they brought in PR people, and quit counting.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

A man gets super busy for a couple of days and misses all the fun..... Maybe one day I'll have a little free time to go read all the comments and replies just don't have it in me tonight sigh. Anyone ever make a mouthwash with warm saltwater? Reading them was kinda like that LOL
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Been passed out from work for a week....because one person got sick and tested positive for C19....on Monday. We are told that if we have no symptoms come back in on the Next Monday.

I can do with a week off and to date and I have not shown any symptoms. Lots of odds and ends to get squared away and worked on here around the homestead.

Am in the process as I type this out of making 8 oz of liquid Colloidal Silver via a generator I purchased some time back. Have completed 8 oz. earlier today and this is the second batch of 8 oz I am completing. the first batch has been put into dark brown 4 oz. spray bottles. Will put the next batch into similar spray brown bottles. That will make 4 each ....4 ounce bottles of spray colloidal Silver.

Hot out and when it cools a bit more I am going to work on cutting my grass. If not then early in the morning...tomorrow.

Have managed to obtain some 10 cans of Quaker State 10W-40W motor oil in olde style metal cans...with the oil still in them..full....and no bar code on them as well. That is how olde are these cans. Have given some away to friends particularly those with NASCAR/Sports Bars at home. I just reckon they would compliment a NASCAR/Sports bar just nicely as a conversation piece. Will keep two cans for myself...though I am not a sports fan per se..

This is, to date, the only person I have known who tested positive for C19. Fingers crossed here...

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 07-28-2020 at 06:04 PM.

There have been a handful of folks at work that have come down with it, only one that I know. He's back to work after 2-3 weeks off work. They are quarentining a good deal of people as they go on vacation, or have folks from out of town visit. We've had enough folks out to put a strain on the ones that are there.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

This was banned from fakebook and twitter;

https://johnbwellsnews.com/doctor-wh...ashington-d-c/

Goodness gracious , this is getting worse by the minute...…………………………………….. the CDC just warned the coronavirus deaths may surpass the Clinton body count !!!!!