Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: CDC: "This is the time to open up your pandemic plans"

Default CDC: "This is the time to open up your pandemic plans"

Article source: CNBC News Online

Hospitals across the US prepare for coronavirus outbreak to become global pandemic
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/19/hosp...XucieotLGieW20

“This is the time to open up your pandemic plans and see that things are in order.”
    - Dr. Anne Schuchat, a top official of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Schuchat’s warning came as U.S. and world health officials increasingly sound the alarm of a possible pandemic outbreak of the deadly new coronavirus that has killed more than 2,100 people in China in the last seven weeks.

The virus is proving to be far more contagious than the flu, having spread from 300 people in mid-January to more than 75,700 as of Thursday morning.

CDC has been working with the health-care sector to prepare for the virus to “take a foothold in the U.S,” Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, told reporters

The following are unverified screenshots purported to be text messages from Dr. Nancy Messonnier to a "friend".

DrMess2.jpgDr Mess1.jpgDrMess3.jpg
    Last edited by bruss01; 02-20-2020 at 07:10 PM.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

"Let's keep this between us" yet, it's all over the Internet? Hummmmm. If you post it on the Internet, it's not a matter of "keeping it between us", per se...
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

It was intended to be a private text communication berween 2 long-time friends, one of whom is Dr at CDC. Allegedly, the son looked at his dad's phone and snapped the screenshots, and posted them online due to the obvious implications. No way of knowing if that is true or not, hence "unverified".

CDC had a huge conference call today including Dr Messener and it appears they're ramping up for a pandemic. At this point it is probably safer to assume it is true than not.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

The time to review the pandemic plan (or any other disaster plan) is regularly, and before the disaster. Just as people cannot get masks and gloves right now, the time to prepare is before the disaster.

Waiting to fasten your seatbelt until just before you crash is a bad idea..
    Good medicine in bad places

I agree, and if the SM and MSM knew this, they would not be keeping it quiet. If anything, they would be amplifying the situation.

PEOPLE SHOULD BE PREPPING BEFOREHAND. NOT WAIT FOR CDC or anything else. Bio pandemic has been forefront in preparing for years now.
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 02-21-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

So how bad is this thing? I keep hearing the MSM talking point about how many affected. Nothing about how deadly, or who it is killing. Just can't take it very serious.

On a separate note, the flu vaccine this year was a failure again. Tried to get family to not take it, but they all did. Daughter as we speak is recovering from flu for SECOND time this year, and her daughter, my granddaughter was diagnosed today. Daughter diagnosed second time Tuesday so we went to pick up granddaughter to try to keep her away. So not we have been exposed, but then again, I had spent weekend at ranch with Daughter when she was diagnosed the first time in January.

Bottom line, the vaccine failed and don't forget that same folks that make vaccine are ones that make Tamiflu. Quite the gig if you can get it.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

It's having serious impacts economically, that's evident.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Last flu shot I got was in the late 70's in boot camp, and got the flu then, I'm not too keen on them.

I have read some early articles that were claiming that this Wuhan virus has an 83% infection rate with a mortality rate of between 10% and 15%.
    The 1918 Spanish flu only had a mortality rate of around 3%.
    It is looking like this virus can survive on surfaces for 10+ days and still be infectious.
    Bureaucrats are like rabid pitbulls with blinders...Its always better if you don't draw attention to yourself.

I told hubby that as soon as there is a confirmed case in Spokane, we are taking our son out of kindergarten and bugging out to my parents' place up north. I was kinda surprised when he said "Oh yeah, absolutely!"
    I'm usually the crazy person, I was expecting push back. Yay!!! Hoping the tax return hits soon, add more preps.