Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: CDC: "This is the time to open up your pandemic plans"

Here are some quick stats that are pretty sobering. For the last several days, the cases in South Korea have doubled EVERY day!! That is a lot of people spreading this around without knowing they are sick. So far in Iran, the fatality rate is about 1 in 5!!!! Multiple cities in Italy, Iran, and South Korea are on lockdown. There is a 20% rate of serious complications. So one in 5 will have to be admitted to the ICU. That will stress our medical facilities in no time. The CDC is not testing hardly anyone here. If you have not been to China and/or have not been in contact with a known person who has it then you will not be tested. IF YOU ARE NOT TESTING THEN YOU CANT REPORT ON ANY OUTBREAKS!!!!!!!! Yeah, the CDC is now using China’s plan. The current quarantine time is only 14 days, but yet in other parts of the world people have gone 27 days being asymptomatic until they test positive. The State Department over ruled the CDC when they evacuated the passengers from the cruise ship. So, 18 infected people flew on the same plane as people who after tests had shown that they did not have it. So now it is a very high probability that the rest of the passengers will turn up with it.

This is turning out to be WAY worse than what people thought it would be. The media and the CDC are trying to limit the sheep from panicking and so far it is working. If you plan on stocking up on anything, DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Here are some quick stats that are pretty sobering. For the last several days, the cases in South Korea have doubled EVERY day!! That is a lot of people spreading this around without knowing they are sick. So far in Iran, the fatality rate is about 1 in 5!!!! Multiple cities in Italy, Iran, and South Korea are on lockdown. There is a 20% rate of serious complications. So one in 5 will have to be admitted to the ICU. That will stress our medical facilities in no time. The CDC is not testing hardly anyone here. If you have not been to China and/or have not been in contact with a known person who has it then you will not be tested. IF YOU ARE NOT TESTING THEN YOU CANT REPORT ON ANY OUTBREAKS!!!!!!!! Yeah, the CDC is now using China’s plan. The current quarantine time is only 14 days, but yet in other parts of the world people have gone 27 days being asymptomatic until they test positive. The State Department over ruled the CDC when they evacuated the passengers from the cruise ship. So, 18 infected people flew on the same plane as people who after tests had shown that they did not have it. So now it is a very high probability that the rest of the passengers will turn up with it.

This is turning out to be WAY worse than what people thought it would be. The media and the CDC are trying to limit the sheep from panicking and so far it is working. If you plan on stocking up on anything, DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!
    Stats . What stats ? Let's see the stats. Like the obese people lying " dead " on the streets of China ? Sure didn't look emaciated from death from virus to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Watching that video threw up a ton of red flags for me. The first question I asked myself was, how many people are those " fumigations " going to kill ?

Next question was, in the first 20 minutes I didn't see a single person who looked sick. Looked more like a rounding up of dissidents and /or people for organ harvesting. And the cops arresting them with no PPE except flimsy little masks. Big red flag there.

The BIG red flag was the guy in the hazmat suit at the 23 minute mark doing " CPR " That is NOT how you do CPR. He was on the wrong side of the chest, compressions weren't deep enough, and he was up on the balls of his feet. Looked more like someone humping a football than doing CPR.

Then all the people in body bags. Nothing I saw convinced me any of them died of coronavirus. And all the people dead in the streets looked more like dead drug addicts or murder victims.

And why were the guys in hazmat suits letting people with no PPE whatsoever walk around them ?

The whole thing looked like a B.S. propaganda video straight out of the CIA. ( which may explain how all this video got out of communist China ) .

Call me skeptical.

Forgot one more; What was the purpose of putting up bars and welding doors shut to " isolate " people ? How many resources /people would it take to do that to 1.5 billion people ?

Sounds like the Director of WHO is more concerned with " stigma and hate " , and raising MONEY , than treating victims of the virus. Imagine that.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/20200...217277d03.html

Look at the dead people in the video and tell me how many look like emaciated " dead " from a virus .

So 1) based on the infection rate in developed countries, this still isn’t as serious as the 1920 smallpox situation. The US has some pretty high personal hygiene rates, which is going to slow infection.

2) Our issue is economic impact trading with other countries. The globally integrated supply chain is being hammered as so much is dependent on Chinese production. With Chinese factories limiting production out of infection concerns, prices will start to rise and economic output will begin to fall.

3) The biggest threat to the US is a recession. The flu is still far more dangerous than the coronavirus, both in infection and death rates/totals. However fear of acquiring the disease will lead to decreased economic output, and eventually recession. Our concerns are mostly Chinese produced medicines and end-use products. Even major companies like Apple will struggle as their newest iPhone production schedule is being hampered now, expect the stock market to take a major hit for a while.

However, a recession or depression caused by the coronavirus would be very damaging in the US during an election years.
    Do not pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger men.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Look at the dead people in the video and tell me how many look like emaciated " dead " from a virus .
    Dying rapidly from a virus does not mean the victims will be emaciated...
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel. MD View Post
    Dying rapidly from a virus does not mean the victims will be emaciated...
    I would think "dying rapidly from a virus" would preclude much of a possibility of a diet ......

interesting timeline animation of this virus vs MERS & SARS
    very dramatic
    https://twitter.com/NJ_Joel/status/1231567911241666562

this is one of those posts that can be taken either way
    either the government knows something they aren't telling us or they are just being prudent (like us preppers) and getting ready just in case

The White House is preparing to ask Congress for emergency funding to fight the coronavirus, a spokesman said Monday, but declined to say how much would be requested.

"We need some funding here to make sure that we protect all Americans,” White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said on Fox News.

He declined, however, to specify how much funding would be requested.

"I don’t have an announcement on the specific amount yet, but we need to combat this, we need to make sure our people are safe and the president is always going to take action to do that,” Gidley said.
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...onavirus-funds

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    interesting timeline animation of this virus vs MERS & SARS
    very dramatic
    https://twitter.com/NJ_Joel/status/1231567911241666562
    Wow. This is something to show naysayers as to why this is different than previous outbreak concerns.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

couple more noteworthy developments

Entire US Senate will receive CLASSIFIED briefing on the COVID-19 virus tomorrow:
    Inquiring minds want to know why this is classified
    https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1232032972355842048

and this

The Harvard epidemiology professor Marc Lipsitch is exacting in his diction, even for an epidemiologist. Twice in our conversation he started to say something, then paused and said, “Actually, let me start again.” So it’s striking when one of the points he wanted to get exactly right was this: “I think the likely outcome is that it will ultimately not be containable.”

Lipsitch predicts that, within the coming year, some 40 to 70 percent of people around the world will be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19. But, he clarifies emphatically, this does not mean that all will have severe illnesses.
    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...accine/607000/